Venting FM aggression

Do you get angry and how you deal with it?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get angry and how you deal with it?

• No, I'm completely cool
    • Yes, but I don't show it
    • Yes, I usually yell and scream
    • Yes, I hit stuff ocassionally but I've never broken anything
    • Yes, and I've broken something once or twice
    • Yes, I've broken more than a few things.
    • Yes, I hit and break stuff all the time

I've just had an interesting discussion about how some gamers tend to hit and break stuff after being angry for whatever reason, usually losing or not winning and was wondering for just how many broken things is our favourite game responsible for, so I'm gonna post a poll. The question basically is do you get angry and how you deal with it?

I've gotten angry quite a few times, and quite often I yelled and even hit things a few times. Fortunately, I didn't break anything. My brother on the other hand managed to break table the computer was on. Obviously we're both passionate about FM.

So, what your story?

As sad as it may be, i do get annoyed and find my self shouting at the screen over the course of the many years i've been playing this series. I do not mind losing to teams i should lose to, but when i play a team like Hyde and i am 3-0 up, then they suddenly become like Manchester United and dominate me for the last 15 minutes to come back and draw 3-3... i find my self abusing my virtual players hoping they can hear me and somehow come back and show me they still have the desire to win promotion to the football league.

I've never hit anything or broken anything.

I've never been aggressive if I've lost on FM, I usually just stare at the screen and sigh a bit.

That's not to say I don't suffer game rage, it's usally more action-based games that do that to me, wheras FM is strategy-based requiring more thought and less tension in the arms and hands.

FM09 - I was winning away to Bristol City on a cold tuesday night after 31 minutes, then they got one back before HT so I kept calm, told the lads to concentrate on our game etc they got another after 55 minutes, 2-2. Up steps ENOCH SHOWUNMI to nod home for Bristol at my expense at the very last minute for City, 3-2. I went psycho and punched my screen monitor, left the right side of the monitor with it's pixels faded hahahahaha. I was Sheffield Wednesday btw.

I've never been aggressive if I've lost on FM, I usually just stare at the screen and sigh a bit.

That's not to say I don't suffer game rage, it's usally more action-based games that do that to me, wheras FM is strategy-based requiring more thought and less tension in the arms and hands.

It's kinda the same for me but one console football game in particular really grinds my gears (thanks EA for making me have to buy a new controller recently).:mad::o

Hit the table a few times, shout, sarcastically laugh and clap....this is my behaviour now, go back to when I was a teenager, then you can start counting up a few broken objects. That German kid flipping out basically all but ended the majority of my tantrums once I saw it, I felt shame, deep shame.

Before I discovered FM, I hurled a PS3 controller into a wall playing FIFA.

I'm not sure if I learned my lesson from that, or if it's just that FM doesn't require me to hold anything that's really tempting to throw in a fit of rage, but my venting is now limited to yelling and maybe waving my arms a little.

I've given myself a dead leg quite a few times :cool:

Done that a few times. Also, I slammed my fist down on my laptop after letting in an injury time equaliser, which just happened to be directly above where the hard drive was placed, permanently damaging it. Had to buy a new hard drive.

I remember once getting one of these in a crisps multipack:

http://www.bigheads.info/gallery/Corinthian/Headliners/International%20Football/England%20-%20Euro%2096/headliners_les_ferdinand_E11_96.gif

During a match as Newcastle manager, he missed a chance to win an important game and I threw the figurine out the window!

I woke the wife up at 3am after losing the champions league final as Arsenal to Man Utd on penalties. I was whisper-shouting, which was almost certainly louder than I thought it would be!

I generally tend to leave the room or alt tab it to cool it off , but 2 years ago in a summer night i lost in the 96 minute a chance for a promotion playoff for premier league with doncaster , the ref had 4 minutess injury time so hence my rage , soo in my attempt to throw the mouse random , the usb went off and the mouse off the window , so thats my worst thing i did while playing fm , destroying a mouse :)

It's kinda the same for me but one console football game in particular really grinds my gears (thanks EA for making me have to buy a new controller recently).:mad::o

I'd agree with that.. FIFA 12 got frisbeed across the room and smashed all over the place! Was not happy to say the least. Ended up buying it again 2 weeks later ¬¬ Luckily I don't have my Xbox at uni! :cool:

I have put my fist through a plywood door when i was younger. I covered it up with a poster so my parents wouldnt see it!

I still get angry at the game even though im in my 30's now. I havent broke anything for a long time though. Now im more 'mature' i just have a few shouty moments at the game!

I'm 35 and I've lost count of the number of times I've grabbed the TV remote in frustration ready to snap it in half only for the wife to snatch it from me just in time! I did successfully snap the DVD remote in half before she grabbed it, and had to buy a replacement on ebay!

I've got a bruised knuckle from last night when I was leading 2-1 in the final minute and Steven Caulker (wonderkid! Huh!) passed straight to an opposing forward on the edge of the penalty area who nicked an equaliser and my angry gesture caught the edge of the desk. Though supporting Spurs I should have got used to them doing that regularly in real life this season.

I'm pretty cool when it comes to games in general. I game a lot, yet still find it rather sad when a adult acts like a child infront of the screen.
It's no sadder than reacting when watching your favorite team on TV. Which is pretty normal.

Im normally quite fine, unless its a big game an loose stupidly like 5-1 or something daft and just swear at the screen! Im not as bad as when I go watch the football anyway!

On the other hand however I made a stupid mistake of lending my laptop to my brother a few years ago so he could play, got it back a week later and the screen literally had a hole in it!! he got stressed and punched it!! Bought me a better new laptop though cos of it :) haha

Literally last night, I was playing as Spurs, and having had decent start to the season, I went to stoke full of confidence, I measn they were 20th.......

So from my kick off, Moussa Dembele just stands there with the ball, waits to be tackled, then falls over in heap. Stoke lump the ball forward and with 44 seconds on the clock Peter Crouch puts me 1-0 down.

Before I can convince myself there is plenty of time to go, and with 2:46 on the clock Jon Walters nicks the ball off Sandro, jinks past Tom Huddlestone, Walks between vertonghen and Dawson and I am 2-0 down.

Scratching my head in disbelief, I begin to feel a little angry and puzzled. So when a long hoof forward is met by the head of Crouch and loops over Lloris, hits the bar, hits lloris on the back and rolls in leaving me 3-0 down after 9 MINUTES the confusion is gone, I am just furious! Litterally my mind is throwing my laptop to the floor, I am punching the sofa and actually having to fight the urge to push the laptop to it's demise!

Fortunately my rage was turned in to utter disbelief when Crouch completed his hattrick on the stroke of half time sending me in 4-0 down. I didn't say a word, just sent the team back out put my laptop down and made a cup of tea. When I came back at full time I had lost 4-3!

So yes I get angry, but I can usually controll it. I have woken up the other half more than once though by thumping the bed and/or shouting at the laptop. Her grumpy reposte is usually 'GET A LIFE' lol.

Archived