Can't load edited database

After using the editor and saving your edit data.

You go into game and press new game and get this screen yes?:

3d9b8.png?1

The database is 13.0 .. and it should be.

Under that it says editor data files.. and a button saying 'Change' .. click that and add your editor data file that you saved.

That's how you add any changes, it doesn't create a whole new database.

Ok there are two issues here:

1st

when you edit something in the editor.. you get two options when saving..

You can create a new editor data file which is separate from the database.. which is what is normally done..

Or, you can overwrite the main default database, saving the changes you make...

I suspect you've done the latter, saving your changes to the main database.

This would mean when you go back into FM and start a new game, you probably don't get that screen i posted above as there are no files to choose to load in... you only have the default database (complete with your changes )

2nd :

Created players tend not to show up currently, it a bug. But changes to your database should show up.

I'd suggest loading a new game and checking to see if any changes can be seen, in as far as changes to your team that you made are concerned.

i've made the changes, still no luck. Even though I've saved my changes and merged them in the editor, when i start the game the changes arent there. Even if I make the changes, save, log out of the editor, log back in the changes havent saved. Very annoying!!!

ok, so I've reloaded the game. Go to edit the DB, saved as is and also "saved as" to create a new file, exit out of the editor, log back in and the changes I made (edited a name of an existing player)aren't there.

When i start a new game it doesnt give me the option to load a DB or choose one, it just loads the default and hasnt saved any of the changes I have made.

Anybody got any other ideas/tricks I can try?

Thanks heaps

Archived