Coaching Hires Automatically Assigned!

I have hired two coaches as "coaches" for their job, intending them to be a part of my first team set up and when I look at my staff they have been added as U-18 coaches, which I didn't want. Is there a reason this happens? Can I change their job to coach the first team?

I'm assuming its the same for both FM12 and FM13, you have to offer them a First Team Coach contract to coach just the First Team, if you didn't pay attention to the contract you offered then, if they are on a Coach contract they will appear in both the 1st Team and the Youth Team Coach list, if they are on a Youth Coach contract then they will just be in the Youth Team Coach list.

You can try and offer them a new contract to become just a 1st Team Coach but because they have just signed they maybe unwilling to negotiate so you will then have to wait.

Most importantly you have to pay a little more attention to the contract negotiation of staff because on the rare occasions you might be signing a scout to be a coach, so in the first contract negotiation the job role will be scout, so you will then have to change it.

I'm assuming its the same for both FM12 and FM13, you have to offer them a First Team Coach contract to coach just the First Team, if you didn't pay attention to the contract you offered then, if they are on a Coach contract they will appear in both the 1st Team and the Youth Team Coach list, if they are on a Youth Coach contract then they will just be in the Youth Team Coach list.

This is no longer the case.

Coach - First Team

Under 18/19/21 Coach - Youth Team.

As for the OP you must have offered them Under 18 Coach Contracts....

The thing is, in both cases, I offered the coaches a "coach" contract and in both cases when I went to assign their training roles I couldn't find them. I found them both as youth coaches working with the U18 team. I never offered that contract to them and now I'm at my limit of coaches since I'm in the Blue Square Premier division and am shorthanded on the first team, which obviously effects training.

Archived