I was man city.i drew 12 games and let in 38 scored 91 81 points

Finished 3rd 3 points behind 2nd

Fa cup runners up

Europa cup qf

Leauge cup qf

Still got offered a new contract by the board

I bought bale who scored 18 assisted 31

also falco 14 in 20 games

I don't think it's a complete failure but not a resounding success, the board obviously felt you did enough and have potential to take the club forward and like iknowniknuk said 12 draws could easily be turned in to victories.

got the big tall dude from spain on a free.I will not even attempt to spell his name

need a decent amr as i think nasri fails to cut it.althou scott s done well on the right for me

Llorente?

How was your first 10 games or so, usually I find that my first 10 games with a new team don;t always go exactly to plan becuase of the whole new manager, new signings, new tactics factor and in a title challenge that can leave you playing catch up.

I was man city.i drew 12 games and let in 38 scored 91 81 points

Finished 3rd 3 points behind 2nd

Fa cup runners up

Europa cup qf

Leauge cup qf

Still got offered a new contract by the board

I bought bale who scored 18 assisted 31

also falco 14 in 20 games

Depends on the performance of the teams around and above you - who won the league/cups and who came second/runner up in each competition?

Also, what business did your rivals do in the transfer market?

Did you have any big injury losses?

I think it's the sort of situation that would be somewhat acceptable for a first season even in the real world, especially if your methods showed the potential to take the club even further in the future. I wouldn't make a habit of not picking up trophies mind!

They probably gave you some slack since it was your 1st season. They will probably expect more next season. Mancini got a few years to get things going. When you look at his squad you could say he underperformed his first 2 seasons at City.

The board will probably demand silverware from you next season.

• 2 weeks later...

just a update here just gone into 5th season and have won 2 pl titles and fa cup and champs leauge so far plus finishing 2nd two times and europa cup semi finals 2 times

not too bad considering that its my first game and that 1st season was messing about with formation etc

Newcastle, coming to the end of the 16/17 season, I've won the Europa (first season) and the Capital One Cup twice. Thats it. :/

I did get to the CL final, but lost to Barcelona. Got to play City in the Quarter finals this year so not expecting to make it this year, and I'm 5 points behind City in the league too :/

Worst is, City are my RL supported team. Lol. Bittersweet!

I should point out Yassine Benzia to everyone though. Hes been phenomenal for me, although seems to have a tendency to run out of form in the last 2 months of the season.
Please don't point people out in GD. I like playing the game for myself and now will struggle to resist searching for this lad. There is a good players and teams guide where you are supposed to discuss how you get on and what players you used, though of course your OP was GD

Edit following below comment - no problem, its isnt especially clear from the names of the forums. In that vein, if it turns out there is no such rule about not discussing players here and I just made it up, then of course I can apologise instead.

Also, at no point did I wish for Karma to come after you! Hope you go on to win.

Please don't point people out in GD. I like playing the game for myself and now will struggle to resist searching for this lad. There is a good players and teams guide where you are supposed to discuss how you get on and what players you used, though of course your OP was GD

My bad, sorry

Karma got me - Right as I read that Tottenham scored in the Semi of the FA cup.

Edit - We did, 3-1 in the end with ten men, never a sending off! And no worries man unwritten rules are sometimes the best to follow <3

Have you posted your tactics so we can see what you might be doing wrong? Other than that I'd just say keep going! If you fail you fail. Sooner or later it'll start to click and you'll start to pick up what works in this game through trial and error.

Archived