why rangers can't play europa league after winning scottish fa cup

i start fm13 with rangers in 3rd division, and i got promotion and won the fa cup through beating dundee utd in final

but in the season summary i found that rangers won't play in 2013/14 europa league instead of dundee utd

only spl team can represent scotland to play european football in reality?

• 2 months later...

I had looked for somewhere that it said there was a 3 year ban but couldn't find anything. It pops up when playing that the transfer ban is in place but never mentions the European ban. I thought it might be in club info or similar but didn't see it anywhere

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2011/10/29/would-a-restructured-rangers-football-club-be-eligible-to-play-in-european-competition/

This article quotes the UEFA reason for newco Rangers being ineligible for three years. It strikes me as something that might be hardcoded in the game, especially since nobody has come forward to say the opposite yet. So the OP is not quite correct- another D3 team that achieved the same thing would be eligible. It's just that Rangers is an exceptional case.

Just to clarify for anyone interested. The SFA membership and all rangers honors past titles etc was transferred to the new company that took over when the old company was liquidated. Rangers never had to apply for new SFA membership so hence the club is the same club with the same membership it has always had since the beginning,,,, hence why they where practically held to ransom by the SFA and SPL over TV rights etc.

The company behind the club ,, the corporate entity if you will ,,was however liquidated and the new company under Charles Green took over renaming as "The Rangers". All clubs participating in Euro football have to have 3yrs of audited accounts to be eligible to partake in competitive euro football. Since the corporate entity is in its first year it will not be eligible for 3 years hence the ban.

The term euro ban is actually mis-leading as its more a fact of not being eligible as opposed to being directly banned from europe. So as someone mentioned above another 3rd Div team winning the cup would have been eligible

:D

Archived