Hamburger Sport-Verein

Bobsled

So it is perhaps not the most outstanding thread title around here on the forum but I hope it will make an outstanding thread.

First thing first:

- I'm Dutch so my English probably will not be perfect.

- I loaded the Dutch, English (Just PL) and German (Just Bundesliga) leagues.

- I am obviously playing with HSV and will probably stick with them throughout my career though I might not.

- Although I am not the fastest player out there, I do tend to go through seasons quite fast.

- First season is done and will be posted soon after this post. I will continue with more regularly updating, say 4 times per season or so.

HamburgerSV.gif

Hamburger Sport-Verein, usually referred to as HSV in Germany and Hamburg in international parlance, is a German multi-sport club based in Hamburg, its largest branch being its football department. The football team is one of the country's oldest, most well known, and best performing clubs, with the unique distinction of having played continuously in top tier of the German football league system since the end of World War I; the team has never been relegated from any top-flight league and is the only team that has always played in the Bundesliga since its foundation in 1963.

Goals for this career:

- As you can see HSV are the only team to have never relegated in Germany, keeping that in honor is a goal in itself.

- In the short-run the finances are a major issue with some heavy loans hanging over us. Therefore the finances (European Football) are a priority.

- In the long-run HSV needs to be a major European force concentrating on (German) youth.

I hope it is going to be a good read!

First off: The Transfers, since I had no transfer budget I went on selling as many players as I could lose. My DoF selling Berg for 0€ was a bit of a mistake.

tras.png

This made this my selection for the season, along with their stats:

Selec.png

Giving me the much needed 3th (Direct CL) place in the Bundesliga, surprisingly close to underperforming Dortmund and Bayern:

lea.png

The season was not too bad overall given we went on a clean sheet tour through the cup:

Screen_Shot_2012_11_07_at_12_14_27_AM.png

The reason we need the CL for next season is this:

Loans.png

The loans make up for almost 1/3 (29 million) of our total expenditures. (The third loan was taken throughout the first season)

Exp.png

That wraps up season 1. Next post will include the pre-season of season 2, the transfers and the goals.

Congrats on winning the DfB Pokal!!

Thanks!

On an IRL note. Hamburg fans are crazy, but fun! I was in Munich for Bayern vs Hamburg and although they got hammered 0-6, they still drank with us and made it a great night!

That's the way it is supposed to be!

We are at the start of season 2, looking forward to it. Dropped so many players it did not fit in the screen, all of them were on free except for Rudnevs for whom I got 250K. All the money I received as budget was put into one player to make sure I would have a decent striker this season. Delofeu en Guidetti are backups my Director of Football signed:

transfers.png

Making up this team, Beister/Weis and Rincon/Jiracek will be the places where changes could be made:

Team.png

So how did they do in pre-season? Quite okay if you ask me, nice victory against Barcelona and we made it through the first round of the cup easily. The first 2 friendlies were handled by my Assistant.

Pre.png

Second trophy was added to the cabinet after beating a Dortmund squad facing some injuries. Bochetti's debut was not one of the best ever seen:

image.png

So overall, good pre-season, second price in the pocket and now the focus shifts back to the Bundesliga, our goals:

- Top 3 finish, giving us CL football again, this would enable us to lose the biggest loan next season without going bankrupt beforehand and make the real next step to German domination

- Reach second round of the CL, we could really use this financially

Archived