I don't get the transfers

How is it that a player valued under 50k won't have an offer accepted generally for anything less than 250k yet your players valued at 200k-300k wont sell for even 100k sometimes? it's baffling to me what they did with the transfers this year

I'm aware a transfer listed player has a price listed on him, but it was never this way in past football managers... you'd put in an enquiry for a player valued at 50-70k and at most would get back a 150-200k asking price and thats once in a while, i've never seen any enquiry come back that cheap for a player worth that little value

Well think about it. If there is player you want to sign worth 50k he is probably a decent player and the selling club will know his value will only go up so won't want to sell. Whereas the player you want to sell worth 200k-300k you realise is barely worth that and wont improve, and the other managers will know that too.

Regardless of how previous FMs worked, you must agree this makes perfect sense, is realistic and stops you from taking advantage right?

The player I want to sign is worth 50k because my transfer budget is 130k, so what else am I to do? the 200-300k players I want to sell are starters, but I don't like them because they haven't been at the club for more than a year irl so I don't really know them and would rather sell them and get funds than the players I have been using for 3-4 years

The player I want to sign is worth 50k because my transfer budget is 130k, so what else am I to do? the 200-300k players I want to sell are starters, but I don't like them because they haven't been at the club for more than a year irl so I don't really know them and would rather sell them and get funds than the players I have been using for 3-4 years

Cant say I've had to many issues. But this sounds realistic to me. You want rid of a lad clubs know that, they then won't pay as much. And i'm going to guess your selling to clubs similar to you and your budget is £130k id imagine theirs is similar.

Cant say I've had to many issues. But this sounds realistic to me. You want rid of a lad clubs know that, they then won't pay as much. And i'm going to guess your selling to clubs similar to you and your budget is £130k id imagine theirs is similar.

in addition if you had a player you were starting worth 50k and clubs bid 150k would you sell him or ask for more???

in addition if you had a player you were starting worth 50k and clubs bid 150k would you sell him or ask for more???

why not? if you play lower league, and your "star" midfielder is worth 50k but hes the head of your team, someone would come along and bet 150k for him, would you let him leave?

The player I want to sign is worth 50k because my transfer budget is 130k, so what else am I to do?

Find a player valued at £250k who's on the transfer list for £50-100k? That's what I generally do when I've got a low budget like that.

Archived