Can you purchase 2nd hand copys of this game that will work via steam?

Got 'burnt' with FM 2012 last year. i refuse to pay extortunate prices for games yet i refuse to go 'piracy'. I tend to buy 2nd hand games. Last ye i got FM12 but couldnt use it via steam as it had already been activated to another account. Will the same apply this time round?

well, looks like that's one loyal customer they have lost again.

Definite contradiction in terms there :) I really believe you're cutting off your nose to spite your face though and the list of games you'll be able to play is diminishing on a daily basis if you rule out Steam/Origin etc.

Not really as i prefer Xbox 360 gaming rather than PC. Why pay £30-£40 for a game when i can get it less than half price within a few months time. Im only asking as ive just been on ebay and people are selling the game saying they have activated it once but its still ok for someone else to buy it off them and install/play. Just wanted to clarify if thats ok or not.

• SI Staff
Not really as i prefer Xbox 360 gaming rather than PC. Why pay £30-£40 for a game when i can get it less than half price within a few months time. Im only asking as ive just been on ebay and people are selling the game saying they have activated it once but its still ok for someone else to buy it off them and install/play. Just wanted to clarify if thats ok or not.

This won't work, the game can only be activated on one steam account...

How can you say £20 - £25 is an extortionate amount.

There is an awful lot of work that goes into making these games and it doesn't stop once they are out on the shelves.

If people refused to pay the price we would not get the game we all love on the shelves every year.

£25 is not extortionate, not when you consider Black ops is between £45 and £160 depending on which edition you get.

Anyone who tries to sell a registered copy "only used once so is ok" on steam is just blatantly lying and trying to prey on people who won't know any different to sell them something useless. If someone bites, then it's free money to them.

If you want to wait until the new year, I'm sure the price will drop in places like game and online to sub £20. It does every year.

Archived