A few scouting questions

I just wanted to have it clarified for me how scouting works on FMC.

Am I right in assuming that if I do a player search with no filters, that will give me a list of all "known" players. Some of these players will have attributes hidden. If I ask my chief scout to do a "known player" search he will look through these players? The reason I ask is because if I set up an attribute filter on the player search screen it may filter out players that meet the criteria simply because their attribute is hidden even though the player is known to me. So my response is to make my cheif scout do a known player search to uncover these players as well.

My word I've explained that poorly!

AFAIK yes. The player search will only show you players who are "known" by your scouting knowledge or have high reputations. Just like in previous FMs. So without filters it will be huge. I used it last night to get a batch of 200+ players to be scouted as I've tapped my scout out with all the Known talent searches I asked him to do and the New Talent search probably won't yield any results as I'm in the BSN with a low reputation team.

The Known Talent search will provide you with an up to date scout report on the players. If you do enough of those then your scout will end up with no results as he'll only recommend new players per search. After some time if you run through it again he might recommend new players.

The scout will only provide you with a list of recommended players, so the chaff has already been removed for you, any non-recommended players won't get scout reports. Oh, and the resulting players from the Known Talent search are never added to your shortlist, so do that after every run through of the search.

Ok thanks - I started in the BSS so I have been sending my scout out to manually scout 100s of players at a time, but now I've reached L2 the list of players interested in me is huge like you say so that's not really an option any more. So now I've added a few attribute filters but of course that could filter out players where I don't know all their attributes.

Just use the known talent search with the filters set up for PA and CA as you wish and any other filter. The scout will end up with a lot of updated scout reports for a lot of players (the number depending on how often you use it)

As soon as my scout has moved his New Talent search onto a new country I cancel that and do a new Known Talent search to see what he recommends now. In my last search he recommended a MC that before just wasn't interested in joining Blythe Spartans. I then set up another New talent search and the scout will very quicly resume in the country he was looking at before I cancelled the old New Talent search.

I think the Known Talent search may be a little overpowered, but I think it could be the best tool in looking for new players you'll have in FMC.

Archived