D.O.F a puppet?

Hi there,

I don't know if it is me or the fcat my Dof is a nesbit, but I have noticed to my dis-pleasure that whenever I set anyone to my unwanted list the DOF will only attempt to sell that player for the min price I set. I have intepreted this to mean the min he will accept but he would try to get the max price? For example I trialed this with one of my players, I set sell for value and min price of £0 despite a vaule of £4.4m (was Thomas Ince so nice and young, high potential and low wage) and all I got was offers for £0.

Now my question is this, is this how it is supposed to be? This because my DOF is not vey good (i Have Damien Comoli for those interested) or this a bug as such?

Thank you and apologies if this has been cleared up in another thread!

they are not much better at signing players. i set mine up with a list of targets and he said each one was not interested, i started thinking its a bit odd seeing as my club was a lot bigger so i had a go myself, suprise suprise two were more than happy to join

I always knew the DOF would be a nightmare, the AI in FM just cannot replicate a human, the only thing i would trust the DOF with is finding clubs for players going on loan, nothing else at all. I have removed all staff responsibilites except the ones it cannot mess up.

Although what welshace said is correct, and a very simple method by which to ensure you are never disappointed which all would do well to follow, the truth is that it is not how the feature really should be functioning.

The DoF should get the best deal possible, which in some cases may exceed the minimum value set.

However, whilst my DoF often just sells for the minimum I set, it is not the case that he always does. I set Russel Martin to sell for 2.5 million and he sold him for 3.3 million. However, in my experience is is too often that he goes for the set minimum.

Of course the proportional statistics of this across a range of users would be meaningless as a lot of people will set unrealistic minimum values.

When you set the Min Value you are willing to accept that's what teams will bid at. You're basically setting a selling price. Why would a team bid 4.4m if you're only looking for 0m?

The teams shouldnt know you are only looking for zero, the way the idea should work in theory is that you have only told your DoF that zero is the minimum. He is then to keep that close to his chest as he goes out and gets as much as possible above that figure. If you go to 'set transfer status' and make it zero, other teams should know, but your conversation with your DoF (represented by the unwanted list settings) should be private.

As I said, the feature doesn't work perfectly, but isn't AS broken as some are saying!

At the moment, I add a player to the unwanted list with a set value of higher than the lowest amount I would accept. I slowly reduce this as the DoF fails to find a new club for him. I think the DoF should always go for the value of a player first then say 10-25% off then 50% then to your minimum value.

You should also be able to 'quick sell' where the Dof will offer him at value and then set fee ASAP (i.e. in a transfer window where you must sell to buy.

Saying that the DoF is new, and it will be developed further for future releases. I think this is a great first step.

I agree with the OP. "Sell for a min of X price" should not mean "sell for X price" It should mean start the bargaining at his worth, and if needed, work your way lower, but no lower than the stated price. By the same token, "sell for any price" should NOT mean "give away for nowt" which it basically currently does.

It's not that difficult really.

If you want him to sell for a good price = 'Sell for value' and set your price you are happy with.

If you just want rid = 'Sell for any price'

If you want released ...

well you get it..

works perfectly.

Although what welshace said is correct, and a very simple method by which to ensure you are never disappointed which all would do well to follow, the truth is that it is not how the feature really should be functioning.

The DoF should get the best deal possible, which in some cases may exceed the minimum value set.

However, whilst my DoF often just sells for the minimum I set, it is not the case that he always does. I set Russel Martin to sell for 2.5 million and he sold him for 3.3 million. However, in my experience is is too often that he goes for the set minimum.

Of course the proportional statistics of this across a range of users would be meaningless as a lot of people will set unrealistic minimum values.

The truth of how DoF works is somewhere between these two. It would be ideal if they did work more in the way Herbert says, but if you are smart about it, then the DoF is a useful addition.

For the record I've had Comolli too and he was excellent, doing everything I asked of him AND delivering me a superstar on a great deal who I'd never have gone after myself.

DoF needs work (this min value thing, the ability to ask them to try and strengthen a particular position among others), which I doubt we'll see until FM14 but is a much valued addition to the FM series.

I do only use this feature on players I want rid of asap and literally just set it at their value and work my way down untill required and works fine like that.

What I would of like is for example, player x valued at £20m is a valuable member of my first team but is unfortuantely unhappy, he wants to leave. I would then set a min price of £20m but really he should/could go for more. The DOF should then attempt to get the best deal, if the best deal is only £20m then fine but in some cases this wouldnt be true.

I had Fabio Borini (Just took over at Spurs and will not associate with ex liverpool playes - so off he goes lol) worth £17m and wanted rid, so I set min price of £17m, was quickly offered £17m; wasnt happy. I then maually offered him out for £30m, no offers, reduced it down to £25m; Dortmund then offer £25m (including instalments - £17.50m over 48months and £7.50m upfront). I would have loved it if the DOF football would of been able to replicate this!!

Having said this, when it comes to negotiating wages and contracts in general, he always get a fantasic deal in comparison to me. I just get better transfer fees (in and out) than him, it would be great if I could negotiate the fees and him deal with the contracts!

Definately agree that this feature is potentially a fantasic one, and one I will use. I can see massive room for improvement in future with this.

Nice to hear that the min price doesn't always = the selling price for some at least.

Archived