Can't create chances at all

I play as Tottenham and I use a 4-5-1 offensive tactic, and I have no injuries, so i play with the best team possible. The problem is when the opposition scores first, I can't create chances at all. In the last 5 (five) games I had 1 (ONE) single chance. If they score first it's done, can't even get a draw. What freaking tactic AI has when it get's in front, it's ridiculous.

I was struggling using that same formation myself when I started playing this version. First off if your lone man up front is a poacher he won't be as effective this version as previous ones as the ME has collision detection now whereas it never had this before. Your lone man up top if being played as a poacher won't be moving between your middle and forward lines, just staying high and central all the time making him much easier for ai opponents to mark out of the game.

Changing him to a deep lying forward or a trequartista should help make him harder to pin down by the ai defenders.

If your striker is the only player in your team with an attack duty you should also consider changing that to include one or two more. I have my left back who has decent pace and crossing on an attack duty to have another player moving between the lines in your formation. I also have my more creative midfielder on an attack duty to provide ammunition for my front man from central areas and a centre defender stopper behind him to help cover the space he leaves behind when going forward. The other cm I have on a defend duty as either a ballwinner or a dlp depending on the attributes of who plays.

I picked up these tips from wwfans posts and if your having a hard time getting your tactics solid I'd advise looking out for his threads and posts in the tactic and training part of the forums, he really knows his stuff and his advice has transformed the form of my team.

Archived