"Restarting" scouting assignments?

How do you send scouts back out to a country that they've previously scouted? In FM12, for example, you could simply have your scout restart a previous assignment, with the end result (for me) being that each scout would have a small handful of nations that they cycled through. However, I can't find this option in FM13. Was it removed? I had one scout begin the game with full knowledge of the US and about half a bar for Colombia. I had him scout the US, then Canada, then Colombia...but by the time he finished his assignment in Colombia, his knowledge of Canada disappeared entirely; however, if I try to scout Canada again with the same scout, the nation doesn't appear in the list of North American countries. What am I missing?

Yeah, the 'restart' button is missing in the most obvious place (scouting page), but you can restart from the news item where they finish the assignment. Obviously that isn't always convenient but in many situations it'll work fine.

There is no restart. You have to delete the assignment (which I believe is called "Cancel") and then add it again with all of its criteria. They somehow managed to make the scouting UI even more terrible in FM2013.

That's what I was afraid of. I finally just shrugged my shoulders and told my chief scout to take over the assignments. He seems to be following the setup that I had, but is now using the "new talent" search.

One little button being removed has completely killed my interest in scouting, thanks to all of the extra hoops you have to jump through...

I see no point in restarting an assignment right away, so that button only adds insult to injury.

I've found players on the 2nd and 3rd immediate restart, so while it is still not at all ideal, it isn't totally useless. (And no, this wasn't overlapping the newgen creation dates)

Scouting is still poor. I didn't like micromanaging scouting in FM12, but I don't like just letting the Chief Scout randomly scout either. I think it would be nice to allow the Chief Scout to handle scouting, and as a manager simply provide a list of regions/nations you would like to focus on and perhaps specify whether your looking for 1st team players or young bargains in these regions/nations.

Archived