Manager Age

When starting a new game you set up your Manager.

Not sure about everyone else but i was under the impression that everyone sets themselves up with there info as manager.

Why do i have to be between 25 and 70 ???

I know its nothing major but i cant see why i can be 21 ( my age ) just adds some more realism . . . .

Villas-Boas managed a national team when he was 21. It annoys me as well, I start unemployed in Indonesia's lowest tier, or Tahiti if available so being young is not THAT far fetched at obscure amateur teams from the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I actually holiday until I can put myself in with my real age.

Picking 1 example isn't really backing what your saying though is it? Name 10 managers that were bosses at the age of 21 and you might have a case.

21 year olds have only just become adults, still pretty immature and won't really command the respect of players aged over 30 to be able to be a boss.

You're right of course, I was making a joke more than I was trying to present an argument. No doubt being a manager at 21 is highly unlikely but 'unrealistic' is relative. When someone starts the game with a premier league team, I consider that 'unrealistic' because (no offence to anyone on the forums) I doubt anyone here could possibly have the experience and reputation to suddenly do this job and manage Everton for example.

So we all make an 'unrealistic' choice to play the game and pretend we actually manage a football team, I just think I should be allowed to be 22 or 23 in my game, if the lack of realism doesn't ruin it for me. Seeing my manager profile have a different birthday to me ruins it more :)

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I don't mind holidaying. And I agree it's not realistic. I just don't think it's necessary to stop young managers since it doesn't affect those that would willingly change their birthday for the sake of realism.

I assumed it was always just to try and coincide with at least some level of realism.

Dont worry though, for the past 20years there have been thousands upon thousands of gamers in the same position as you. Look forward to the day you put in your age, and you aren't the first year in the list - that made me feel old :(

You're right of course, I was making a joke more than I was trying to present an argument. No doubt being a manager at 21 is highly unlikely but 'unrealistic' is relative. When someone starts the game with a premier league team, I consider that 'unrealistic' because (no offence to anyone on the forums) I doubt anyone here could possibly have the experience and reputation to suddenly do this job and manage Everton for example.

So we all make an 'unrealistic' choice to play the game and pretend we actually manage a football team, I just think I should be allowed to be 22 or 23 in my game, if the lack of realism doesn't ruin it for me. Seeing my manager profile have a different birthday to me ruins it more :)

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I don't mind holidaying. And I agree it's not realistic. I just don't think it's necessary to stop young managers since it doesn't affect those that would willingly change their birthday for the sake of realism.

Surely in some lght though, to allow any date/age to be accepted, then allowing a theoretical age of 13 to be the manager of Celtic, Everton, Man Utd, Barca etc is just stretching the level of realism regardless of your percieved realism of you ever being truely qualified to take those jobs? Because regardless, a 13year old will never be qualified to manage ANY team iwithin the game.

I have never understood why there is a limit to the manager age. I have always believed it had something to do with code or something else that i have absolutely no clue about, because every bit of logic says that it cant be the 'realism-theory'. The whole game is based on an unrealistic scenario. It is about you, managing whoever you like to, in a as realistic environment as possible. Thats the whole point. I remember when I was 13, and I was playing CM, I always imagined that it was 13 year old me that was the manager. I had press conferences in my head defending my inexperience against critical journalists. I was on a quest to prove them wrong. That was my fantasy, and I am sure that is the fantasy of the youngsters playing today as well. I dont understand why the game wont allow it. Who is affected by the 'lack of realism' in having a 13 year old, or a 24 year old manager? It is a single player game, and if that 13 year old want to create himself in the game, and feels he can live with the lack of realism, I say let him.

Picking 1 example isn't really backing what your saying though is it? Name 10 managers that were bosses at the age of 21 and you might have a case.

21 year olds have only just become adults, still pretty immature and won't really command the respect of players aged over 30 to be able to be a boss.

You only need one example to falsify the premise "managers are not below 25 years of age".

Archived