More Director of football communication needed

Yeah this needs to be changed a bit. I set Max bid amount as something like 5m for a youth player. He comes back saying it's failed, last bid of 500k - well keep trying up to 5m and I'll finalise if it's acceptable!

U should be able to ask to search for players for a certain position etc.. something that is not possible now...

i opted for the feature ' find new young players ' - the DOF

But also checked the box ' finalises transfers - myself

i'm getting to the end of the first season and my DOF never made an offer for a young player..

• SI Staff
It's so frustrating! The main incentive of a director of football - for me atleast - was that they could negotiate and get the player for a good deal. Not just make tiny offers for players.

This is something that we are aware of and this is being worked on.

Cheers,

Ben

Exactly, three main "holes" I see right now with DoF:

1) Wanted list. When I put a player on here, it seems like the DoF makes one bid then "stops". Seems like there should be logic for him to keep trying, especially if you are using the "end of contract" option.

2) Discussion with DoF of what positions are most needed. I see this happening in real life. The manager realizes the team is short of quality in right backs, for instance, so the focus is on the scouting team and DoF to find decent right backs.

3) Contract re-signings. I should be able to tell the DoF that I really WANT to re-sign player x, or I really DO NOT want to re-sign player x. Right now I have to manually go in and sign guys I really want, who have high ratings but the DoF for some reason (none given of course) does not want to sign.

Personally, I find it quite frustrating that when my DoF has had a bid accepted for a random player he thinks we need, and starts contract negotiations, I then have to have the player scouted so I can find out if he is actually any good.

Surely any player the DoF is bidding on should have already been scouted. Feels like he's operating independently from the club at times..

U should be able to ask to search for players for a certain position etc.. something that is not possible now...

i opted for the feature ' find new young players ' - the DOF

But also checked the box ' finalises transfers - myself

i'm getting to the end of the first season and my DOF never made an offer for a young player..

yeah, i have my head of youth development on this, and equally he has never signed anyone in 18 months.

Exactly, three main "holes" I see right now with DoF:

1) Wanted list. When I put a player on here, it seems like the DoF makes one bid then "stops". Seems like there should be logic for him to keep trying, especially if you are using the "end of contract" option.

2) Discussion with DoF of what positions are most needed. I see this happening in real life. The manager realizes the team is short of quality in right backs, for instance, so the focus is on the scouting team and DoF to find decent right backs.

3) Contract re-signings. I should be able to tell the DoF that I really WANT to re-sign player x, or I really DO NOT want to re-sign player x. Right now I have to manually go in and sign guys I really want, who have high ratings but the DoF for some reason (none given of course) does not want to sign.

Regarding point 2, I'm not sure about anyone else but my director of football (he's no world beater, I'm playing as Luton in the BSP) keeps making offers for players who play at left back or left mid, which are the only positions that I could do with strengthening. However, he continues to keep making loan offers for players with 70/80% of the their wages being paid by my club even though I'm over the wage budget. He doesn't appear to care about the wage budgets left so maybe that could do with a tweak?

He has found me a few good players though so I'm pretty impressed with the feature.

Currently like my DoF! I tried to buy Joe Cole for my Forest side and Liverpool wanted a small fee but JC wanted his £40K salary matched, I could not afford it so walked away. 2 days later DoF signed him on a free at £12.5K salary (which was well over my wage budget, but who cares). Just hope he performs for me now!

I wrote in the feedback thread that I think with time this will become a great addition to the game and in time wonder how we got by without it.

It for sure needs work but it will be great when he will constantly tries to sell players you have on the unwanted list and keeps trying to buy players you have set as targets.

Archived