New Tablets for FMH 2013

• SI Staff

Speaking strictly in a personal capacity I'm really enjoying using the 7" tablets we have here. It really depends on how you plan on using it though, someone who wants to read (and play FMH!) on the bus will have very different requirements from someone who wants to watch youtube vids (and play FMH!) without getting out of bed.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you able to tell me which tablets you have tried and if any performed better than others for any particular reason?

I think Marc mentioned previously, that there was a 1280 x 800 (?) skin available, does this make a big difference?

I really really want a tablet for the upcoming game and the Samsung Tab 2.0's are looking like good value (SD Card is a must if only 16GB of memory)

• SI Staff

Tablets we have in house include the Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Xoom (1 and 2) and the ASUS Transformer tablet. Obviously with 1280 x 800 skin there is more room to play with on the screen, so there are several screens in the game which benefit from this extra space - and in general, makes the game much nicer to play. ;) They all play the game pretty well, but my own personal preference is probably the Nexus 7 at the moment.

Tablets we have in house include the Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Xoom (1 and 2) and the ASUS Transformer tablet. Obviously with 1280 x 800 skin there is more room to play with on the screen, so there are several screens in the game which benefit from this extra space - and in general, makes the game much nicer to play. ;) They all play the game pretty well, but my own personal preference is probably the Nexus 7 at the moment.

That has pretty much confirmed I will be purchasing the Nexus 7 today

Brilliant as I'm getting the new 32gb Nexus 7, Do the tablet versions of the App run quicker and get the same upgrade as the Iphone app does to Ipad ? Or is it just a better skin ?

It certainly seems to. All my apps update and run as fast if not faster. Worth reading the reviews.

Archived