Holidaying

Hi.

With each new installment of FM, I have several regular saves. At least one of my regular saves includes a game where I never actually manually control a match. I submit the team and holiday for one day allowing the AI to determine the result and my assman to make any in-match adjustments. I also holdiay between games during relatively inactive sections of a season.

I play this save due to time constraints placed on me in my personal life and it suits me well.

However, I have recently downloaded the demo for FM13 and it now seems that I cannnot holiday through a match after submitting my team.

I don't know if this was in FM12 because I didn't play it, (I used FM11 with an edited database because I have 3 teenage kids who all use steam and I would never have had much acess to the game, those cicumstances have changed now so I've oredered the full FM13 game).

This really annoys me because it has been my experience in previous FM's that if you check the box 'Play selected team whenever possible' before going on holiday (Without submitting your team), the AI is likely to change your selected team and in many cases, stupidly.

This is especially a problem when you are playing youngsters or are trying to develop players and the AI recognises a stronger alternative for the position. Ive also seen substitions being made after 10 minutes of a game and playing a weakened team in a meaningless cup tie is practically impossible.

Now, maybe these issuse have improved in FM 13 and if so, my concern is unwarrented, but I would still like the option to holiday through a game after submitting my team..... I fail to see any reason why this would be taken out of FM.

Maybe you should have a look at FMC, it may not suit all your needs but you'd certainly like instant results.

As i said, in at least ONE of my regular saves I never actually play a match manually due to time constraints.

That does not mean that I only want the save to last a day or two, it simply means I can't play for extended hours each night.

Thanks for the advice but I have no interest in FMC. The full game throws enough challenges at me and I certainly don't want to pay extra for any kind of cheat.

Thanks for the advice but I have no interest in FMC. The full game throws enough challenges at me and I certainly don't want to pay extra for any kind of cheat.

You don't have to 'cheat' in FMC. You also don't have to pay any extra for it.

EDIT - Meant to say, what you DO get in FMC, is the ability to generate an 'instant result', so you don't actually play the game manually.

Surely it is just a case of going on holiday and ticking the option of "Use current team selection where possible" and "Use current match tactics"? This would mean the team assigned in your tactics screen would be selected for the next match?

And as for FMC - you don't have to use the "cheats", you don't have to instant result every match, all it is, is a slimed down version, leaving things out such as team talks which some people can accept not having.

You cannot go on holiday after the match has started, no. It's been the same in FM12 as well.

Im trying to go on holiday after I submit my team but before the match begins as I could in FM11.

I fail to see why they would change that, its not cheating, exploiting a bug or doing any harm at all.

And as i said in my OP, checking the box to 'Always play selected team whenever possible' never actually gaurenteed that the AI would ALWAYS play the selected team .......... if thats fixed, great. Anyone had experience of this in FM13?

And as for FMC, I have zero interest in it. I like long term saves but just dont always have tons of time to play.

(And in my book, buying those cheats, opps, sorry I mean 'extras' is ridiculous)

This aint about FMC anyway, it's a holidaying issue.

Thnx for the replies so far.

They removed it because IIRC, they said it can cause problems later on in saves. I cannot remember where I read it, but it was removed in the last game.

They removed holidaying after submitting a team for a match????????

Damn thats dumb, I've done that for years and never had a problem.

Well, you can still do long term in FMC probably :p but like others said, there is a skin you can download that adds the instant result button to the full FM13 game, so you can play that thing, set up your team then press instant result and get it auto generated. It's not officially supported, but it's there.

Why do you think you can't do long term saves in FMC? Long term saves where of don't have a lot of time to play is what it's designed for. The instant result feature isn't a cheap or unlock able, it's just like going on holiday for a day but gives you many more options for how you want to approach the game in your absence.

As I understand it, not all full FM features are available in FMC if you are planning a long term save.

If thats the case, I have no interest in FMC. If it's not the case, then FMC is FM with an instant result button ...... So why bother calling it somthing other than FM?

@Krald, thanks mate but I'm not sure i want to dl any unsurported stuff but I'll take a peep.

Archived