Recommend countries to play in I might never have heard of...

I've never done it before in any FM; manage in countries I've never heard of. Example is Saint-martin. Had never heard of this place before. Might load up the leagues and players from this nation.

Are there any more where you have had fun experiences managing in for me to consider?

Faroe Islands are a good shout! Need to get myself a custom league for FM2013.

Think I may have misread the thread with my previous suggestions, but they're still great and fun leagues a little off the usual track to play in if you haven't before!

Ah yeah just having a look at the game set up now... I see how you can't manage in Saint Martin.

But how do you select Faroe Island leagues? The option isn't there? How do you select more obscure leagues? Cheers!

Ah yeah just having a look at the game set up now... I see how you can't manage in Saint Martin.

But how do you select Faroe Island leagues? The option isn't there? How do you select more obscure leagues? Cheers!

Ask on the editor's hideout part of the forums on how to activate leagues. ;)

Currently brought out an old alias and have Belarus, Poland, Russia and Ukraine leagues running. Have also loaded all players from all the countries that made up the former Soviet Union.... Currently managing (badly) in Belarus

Load up Faroe Islands. Got to love the forgotten step child nation of scandinavia.

I downloaded the Faroe Islands custom league on FM11 and was one of my most enjoyable FM saves so I would recommend this suggestion as well.

i found it very demotivating playing in small european countrys, once you are in a position to dominate the league, the rest of the league will never do good in european cups, and the league will be stuck in reputation hell and you cant do anything about it

That's not entirely true. You should see Dafuge's entry in the careers thread, he managed a small Northern Irish team and took them to the top of Europe. Eventually a couple of other Northern Irish teams followed and consistently reached the late stages of Europe, one of them winning the Champs League, and their co-efficient gradually rose until they were the 2nd biggest country in Europe at one stage.

That's not entirely true. You should see Dafuge's entry in the careers thread, he managed a small Northern Irish team and took them to the top of Europe. Eventually a couple of other Northern Irish teams followed and consistently reached the late stages of Europe, one of them winning the Champs League, and their co-efficient gradually rose until they were the 2nd biggest country in Europe at one stage.

ive done it twice now in poland, the polish clubs seem to never follow, maybe it works in ireland or whatever~~

Dafuge took his team to the top of europe, not just constantly in the CL (I assume)

correct me if iam wrong, but your club reputation cant be higher than the league reputation itself, so even if iam winning the champions league 20 years inna row, and everyone else in my league doesnt even make it trough the uefa cup qualifying rounds.. the country will be somewhere between 11-15 place and a 3 star league..

dont see why it should make them better
Correct me if I am wrong, but you winning the CL for 20 years in a row will have a much bigger effect on not only your UEFA coefficient, but also your country's, than merely being in it for 15 years. As your country's coefficient rises, the other teams in the league will enter european competition at a later stage, helping their progress through it, possibly meaning more money for them, and possibly more coefficient, meaning possibly more progress. The key distinction is that you are saying no effect after playing in Europe for 15 years, he is talking about progress after dominating for decades

This is before one even begins to talk about the fact that as a top team in a league you can sell players not good enough for your team to other teams in the league, when perhaps the player wouldn't normally initially come to the country to join one of the lesser teams.

yes you are wrong, as i stated before, with one single club winning the champions league, you will make it barely into the top 10 in europe with the coefficent... still 3 stars...

with me just playing in the champions league (and performing reasonaly well) my league has already 5 european cup slots in the qualifying rounds, and me the winner set in CL without needing to qualify...

its been like this now for 15 years or so, they just happen to fail constantly in the qualify rounds for 15 years, no improvement whatsoever

Herbert is right - consistently winning the CL will increase your club's rep, which in turn will increase the rep of your league. This will mean that prize money increases and all clubs are able to attract a slightly better standard of player. Over a period of time, they will do better in Europe but it doesn't happen overnight - you need to be winning the CL consistently, not just qualifying for it.

no your league reputation is based on the coefficent seeding of your league~~ and as explained you cant raise alone, if nobody in your league follows at least into european cups..

i think its because the money is so low in poland, and therefore the staff you can hire is pretty bad... and usually you need to depend on 80% polish staff since you cant afford any foreigners, they want like 1600.. 2000..3000 per week, even now after over 10 years champions league i cant really affort any of those~

so my theory is that all the staff and stuff is much better in ireland so the AI teams at least have a chance to do something

but you are right lets go back to OP :)

I think one of the NI clubs in Dafuge's game were taken over by a tycoon after like 40 years and that helped somewhat. I don't think you can do it all on your own. One club winning the CL for 5 years in a row (coefficient points only goes back 5 years) is not enough to give your country more than 1 place in the group stage and 1 place in the last qualification round. Eventually though, one of the clubs will catch a break and you'll see the country slowly rise in the rankings.

Archived