How do I install this game?

Just constant issues with steam.

In order to run steam properly on this version of windows the steam service component needs to be installed.

Steam must be restarted in order to recieve the latest update.

repeat x20 and counting.

It would be easier to pirate the game with all this unessesary hassel they created just so they can install an advertising agent on my comp just to try and persuade me to give them more money.

Would be really helpful if you gave some more detail instead.

What system? mac or pc?

You haven't actually explained what is happening? just told us random facts about what steam requires.

Steam has no adverts that need to be shown... and they are purely showing you games you can buy.

It's not an advertising agent...

It's the worlds most successful and popular software platform which gives it's users and developers huge advantages over normal distribution lines.

Would be really helpful if you gave some more detail instead.

What system? mac or pc?

You haven't actually explained what is happening? just told us random facts about what steam requires.

Steam has no adverts that need to be shown... and they are purely showing you games you can buy.

It's not an advertising agent...

It's the worlds most successful and popular software platform which gives it's users and developers huge advantages over normal distribution lines.

Thats whats happening it just keeps doing that. Over and over.

In order to run steam properly on this version of windows the steam service component needs to be installed. So I install.

Steam must be restarted in order to recieve the latest update. So I click restart..

Then its just starts over again.. in order to run steam properly.. blah, blah, blah..

I have a PC, windows 7. Steam is totally updated.

try this:

from here

Its ticked, but says stopped.

Thanks for the info.

Hit start button.

type services and press enter

click on services (local) on the left hand side.

Search through the list and find 'Steam client service' or something similar

double click it and see if it says 'manual' or disabled or similar... make sure it's set to manual...

Also... start the service while you're there and try loading steam again.

I did a search and I think it could be something to do with this..

Check all the folders that are in the path to the executable and make sure there are no files with the same name as the first word in the folder name.

A file called "program" in your systemdrive (c:)

I did get a warning about that when I first set up my computer but I set it to ignore as I dont fully understand what is wrong. I'm not sure.

Theres a file on my computer C drive called Program, its 1KB. Created in 2009? I dont know what it is are where it cam from. Its a brand new computer. Err, maybe I should delete it or is it important?

Update: yep, deleting that worked like a charm.. weird. I wonder what the hell it was.

Thanks guys. :)

Archived