Is there a way to keep your striker central?

I'm playing a 4-3-2-1 (3CM's, 2 wingers, a striker), and while my wingers seem to dominate, and my striker seems to do his job, but I hate it when I see my poacher striker ends up out on the wing. I want to tell him 'Stay central, don't even consider stepping near the touchline, your job is to be in the box for any cross or pass into it. You can never leave'. Not sure there's a way of doing that yet.

Any ideas. It's just I want a way of making my team that little bit more effective, as it's a problem which has annoyed me for years on FM(not so bad now I have mobile forwards, but I used to like having 2 striker formations, and hated seeing the target man out wide crossing into the pacey midget.)

Only things you can really do are to remove roaming and to ensure he has no 'wide' instructions.

That said, a player will move into space if it's there and he thinks he can get the ball by doing so.

Maybe you can set his crossing the lowest possible and his wide play to cut inside then he might stay central. If you tone down run with ball then he won't dribble into those areas

Have tried that now...didn't seem to work, thanks anyway.

Only things you can really do are to remove roaming and to ensure he has no 'wide' instructions.

That said, a player will move into space if it's there and he thinks he can get the ball by doing so.

I've tweaked him to try and limit any wide play options I can now, doesn't seem to have mattered.

I just want to be able to give the tactical instruction to stay central, and people have been wanting it for a long time....bothers me that SI haven't included it yet. I don't mind a player who does his own thing ignoring it, just like any other instruction, but I'd like to be able to say to a player who does what I tell him that I want him central all the time, and have him listen.

Archived