Shots on Goal annoyance!

I've had the same problem with previous FM's, I'll regularly have games where my team has 20+ shots on goal and come away with just the one goal, or sometimes without scoring at all. And rather predicatably I can play a team with under 10 shots and they'll score at least 1 or 2. I play with Luton in the conference, so pretty much every team I play have lower stats than my players, yet oposition players with 7,8,9's for finishing and composure manage to bang in 20+ goals a season.

The first half of the season saw my central midfielders regularly having 7,8 shots on goal in a game, and some games where my strikers actually didn't have any shots at all! Iv changed the settings so the midfielders shoot rarely, but it still doesn't solve the problem of my talented strikers just not being able to score! Is this a bug? Or is there a tactical change i'm missing?

I've had the same problem with previous FM's, I'll regularly have games where my team has 20+ shots on goal and come away with just the one goal, or sometimes without scoring at all. And rather predicatably I can play a team with under 10 shots and they'll score at least 1 or 2. I play with Luton in the conference, so pretty much every team I play have lower stats than my players, yet oposition players with 7,8,9's for finishing and composure manage to bang in 20+ goals a season.

The first half of the season saw my central midfielders regularly having 7,8 shots on goal in a game, and some games where my strikers actually didn't have any shots at all! Iv changed the settings so the midfielders shoot rarely, but it still doesn't solve the problem of my talented strikers just not being able to score! Is this a bug? Or is there a tactical change i'm missing?

You need to give them more options, they shoot when they can't follow your instructions.

If you post up a picture of your tactics people will give you more advice but generally the main problems are too many players on attacking instructions in the same area and team instructions that encourage fast attacking play leaving players less time on the ball to make decisions and discourage sideways/backwards passing.

EDIT

On this version I think there is also a current problem with midfielders not playing through balls, not sure if its been improved yet.

You need to give them more options, they shoot when they can't follow your instructions.

If you post up a picture of your tactics people will give you more advice but generally the main problems are too many players on attacking instructions in the same area and team instructions that encourage fast attacking play leaving players less time on the ball to make decisions and discourage sideways/backwards passing.

EDIT

On this version I think there is also a current problem with midfielders not playing through balls, not sure if its been improved yet.

I agree with the edit on this one.. Although I give sideline directions to try through balls just to make sure my superfast ST will ever get some chances to shoot my CM's keep on shooting, and fails.

When, in rare occasions, they actually do this it's very realistic through balls and most of the times results in a goal..

I can relate to this as well with plenty of possession and shots, including clear cut chances, but few goals. Latest frustration when team was on a good run and, after saving game and resuming following morning, the team seemed to have forgotten completely where the goal was. same tactics, largely same team composition as from good run, but strikers missing sitters, shots nearer corner flag than goal etc....It was as if some "random seed" from restarting/resuming game had completely disorientated my team! Still trying to get over this problem. Playing as Chelsea with reasonably good players but finishing/shooting has been abysmal for last 10 matches.

Tactical set up is Fluid, Control with very few adjustments to tactical creator settings for individual roles:

Sturridge P A

Hazard IF A Oscar AP A Mata IF A

Lampard DLP s Mikel BWM D

Cole FB Auto Terry CD x Papadopoulos CD c Azpillicueta FB Auto

Cech D

Have set Hazard & Mata to swap roles, Mikel hold up ball as BWM overridden as he has tendency to dwell on ball anyway.

As I said, all going well until I saved and resumed, at which point shooting/finishing abilities seemed to hit rock bottom.

Advice welcomed. Possibly too many players set on Attacking?

This topic has been covered over and over in the tactics forum.

When people have tactical questions, I don't know why they don't go to the tactical forum. We're fairly active over there and providing you give us information (screenshot of your team instruction screen along with the formation picture) we can help.

I bet most of your shots are long shots. If these exceeds 50% then it's higlight likely you have to many players making runs into the box. Thus packing it out with attackers and defenders.

You need some people to support the attack who will joing the line and then leave it again, over and over and over.

LAM

Archived