Are you a no nonsense manager, or are you happy to comprise, back down when players rebel?

Personally I have certain boundaries, and I will not alter them.

A player complains that he's not playing and wants to leave - I tell him to be professional and do his job. You have a contract but aren't playing? Tough, shouldn't have signed a contract.

A player gets sent off - 1 week fine if it's in an unimportant game. 2 week fine if it's in a big match or leading up to a big match.

I get asked a question 3 times in a press conference - Storm out. If I've chosen not to answer a question, there's a reason for it, and I will not tolerate rudeness from a journalist who I've permitted to be in that press conference.

Just had to fine 2 players 2 weeks wages after they got sent off in the CL semi final, which we only lost by 1 goal(6-5 aggregate), one winger right at the start, the other who I'd subbed on for a CM to replace him, in the 80th minute. I believe they cost us a place in the CL final, they get the maximum fine. One senior player accepted it, the junior one did not, and wouldn't back down after a discussion. He's now on the transfer list. I don't care if you're a top young prospect, you do not cheek me.

What about you?

I try to be nice towards my players. I never fine my players when they've received a red card but i always warn them.

I very, very rarely criticise my players publicly and i always speak to them in a calm manner.

If i can't convince them to do what i want i just get rid of them.

Depends if I have backup available, if I do then I talk smack back to then and let them play with the reserve for a while. If not then I will let it slide and remind myself to acquire equally talented players in the same position next transfer window :D

I fine my player for performances under 6 and straight red and tell them them to get on with their jobs.

Im just like you Chalky1989, 100% which can cause havoc with morale though, i hate to have to give in. I also tend to transfer list them if they complain a fair bit cause i try to set an example to the other players you can demand all you want end of the day im the boss. But i don't really think setting an example is in the game though :p

You know what happens when a player rebel against me?

I create a special training schedule for him, where he receives zero training (all sliders to minimum, LOL, enjoy your rest), and he will be thrown into the U18 squad (where he's ineligible to play) so he will totally rot with no training and no match practice. Oh, you decided not to turn up for your 'training session'? Too bad that's 2 weeks wage mate.

:lol:

I wish we can do this to the real overpaid idiots IRL.

I try to be polite to my players, warning for first offence in a season, fine for second etc, haven't ever really had to give too many out.

If a player gets upset at me for any reason, he leaves and I get someone else, I think I'm a reasonable manager, I help my players develop to their full ability, if they don't like the way I do it, they can go and rot on someone else's bench for the rest of their career :)

One thing I do that is not mentioned here is........

I take notice of the monthly training reports from my AssMan.

Any player underperforming gets a cosy chat.

I warn them they need to improve in training and in most cases it works.

Occaisionally I meet some resistance but it's never a major problem.

I aslo check the 'Confidence' page and look at the fans confidence in player form.

Bad form gets a chat but I also always praise players the fans consider to be in good form.

I must admit, Im not a fan of fines but I do issue them occaisionally, especially if there's a problem with discipline.

Players are employees, simple as that. If they fail to do their job or do it poorly, there is a talk. For a sending off from 2 yellows I usually issue a warning. For subsequent sendings off, a 1 week fine. For a straight red card, 2 week fine, always. I do not tolerate stupidity on my squads.

If I meet resistance, I remain calm but do not back down. Usually this helps. If the player remains unruly while talking, then he is transferred. I don't use prima donas. Have no use for them.

Miss training, 2 weeks fine as well. You were hired and contracted for a job. If you don't show up for work, realistically I would fire you. Unfortunately, FM doesn't allow for this unless I pay out your contract. I don't agree with this because failure to work to training is a breach of contract. In my mind, that player is done.

I also check the training reports monthly. If anyone is lacking focus, they get a talk as well. It usually helps change their attitudes.

No nonsense. In the press conference I always say "I expect them to behave as adults". Sent off for two yellows = a warning. Sent off for a straight red =- two week fine. I really don't care if they ("star" players for instance) are unhappy. I always try to use my reserve players as much as possible anyway.

Good thread this :)

It really depends on the player for me. If he is one of my 3 keyplayers then I try to be nicer and try to smooth the situation down with just a warning. For other players, which are not as important and if they keep on the with the same stupidity (red cards) i do not tolerate it at all, fines all the way.

Wow seems like i'm uber lenient compared to most here lol. Very rarely have i got in an argument with a player, and have never fined any.

Biggest falling out i've had is with a young Ukranian keeper i signed on a free who is very promising, after all only 3 games into the season he complained for not playing and ended him requesting a transfer within 5weeks of being at the club lol...

I have no issues with fining and transfer listing insolent players, regardless of their status. Any hint of unprofessionalism or disloyalty will be met with repercussions by me, no exceptions.

In my current save (with Liverpool), I stripped Steven Gerrard of the captaincy in season 2 because he had spent so much of the first season injured. He instantly wanted a chat and gave off about it, refusing to back down.

I placed him in the reserves and let his contract run out. He left the club and this was "seen as an aberration" by the fans because he was a club legend. Hard luck, they got over it :D

It's now 2017 and he is top of the "worst opinion" list.

You know what happens when a player rebel against me?

I create a special training schedule for him, where he receives zero training (all sliders to minimum, LOL, enjoy your rest), and he will be thrown into the U18 squad (where he's ineligible to play) so he will totally rot with no training and no match practice. Oh, you decided not to turn up for your 'training session'? Too bad that's 2 weeks wage mate.

:lol:

I wish we can do this to the real overpaid idiots IRL.

What a waste though if anything make his schedule harsh

Archived