Strange finance for building new stadium?

HI

At the end of my first season managing Cambridge City in the Blue Square North (Dafage's Challenge) my board announce a new stadium is to be built.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/camcitys1newstad.jpg/

As you can see from the finances, they are offsetting the cost by 600k or so by selling the existing ground. The rest of the cash is accounted for by grants and loans etc.

However, when I check my finances, we are now 600k in debt. I didnt get a screenie of it because I was going to let it drop but I had second thoughts because ive never seen this before.

The club have since injected some funds to help with running the club and we have raised some money from other sources and I am now about 400k in debt.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/camcitys1400kdebt.jpg/

The ground wont be ready for 2 years, so Ive got to be in debt all that time until the existing ground is sold?

Is that normal?

If it is, fair enough. But I would have expected the board to stump up the cash so as to avoid debt to the banks. At least thats what I thought happened in previous FM's.

The annoying thing was, we dont really need a new stadium yet.

At time of posting, 120 views but no replies.

Sorry to bump my own thread but I really need someone with experience to tell me if this issue is strange or not.

As a manager of a club in the BSN, I will find it next to impossible to play sucessfully with a 400k debt that is only bound to increase each year untill the sale of my currnet stadium.

Right now, in the start of the second season, my club offer me the same wage budget as last year and I am unable to sign anyone, even for free. Neither can I renew existing contracts so I'm loosing players I should really be able to keep. Looosing them will mean some room in my wage budget but I will have this problem for two season whilst in so much debt.

Like I said, I didnt even need the stadium as my existing stadium was only just upgraded to BSN standards.

Sounds like a bad decision from the board. How much is your loan, monthly cost towards that and for how long? Before the latest patch someone raised a concern that the cost of the loan was too high.

It doesn't really have the clear cut feeling of being a bug, maybe just take it as it is and go with it. Sounds like a challenge you'll be proud to overcome. Maybe the board will keep injecting funds, you'll get a takeover or you have a good cup run.

What was your balance before the stadium deal?

It should work out as:

Cost of Stadium: £5,250,000. Balance changes to - £5,250,000.

Offset: £625,000. Balance change becomes -£4,625,000.

Grant: £2,050,000. Balance change becomes -£2,575,000. (this may not be given directly to the club but it has the effect of lowering the stadium price and thus it works out either way).

Loan: £2,450,000. Balance change becomes -£125,000.

First year of Stadium Rights: £24,750. Balance change becomes -£100,250.

So in total, your balance should have dropped by £100,000, and obviously you will be paying an extra £15k per month. From what I can see you will pay back the loan of £2.5 million plus £200,000 in interest, which isn't that much.

Start playing a lot of pre-season friendlies.

If the board inject money they'll probably keep doing that.

Plus it should mean not having to wait too long to get a 2nd stadium when you are in the premier league.

I had a situation like that and the club even went into administration for a short time but the board kept injecting cash til the trouble was over.

Yeah, since I posted the club has given another 70k cash injection. But how long can they do that? And admin just puts more pressure on the club and manager.

Glad you got out of your situation though.

Sounds like a bad decision from the board. How much is your loan, monthly cost towards that and for how long? Before the latest patch someone raised a concern that the cost of the loan was too high.

It doesn't really have the clear cut feeling of being a bug, maybe just take it as it is and go with it. Sounds like a challenge you'll be proud to overcome. Maybe the board will keep injecting funds, you'll get a takeover or you have a good cup run.

I agree, a very bad decision and possibly one the AI should not be making.

I think the loan repayments are over 15k a month until 2019 which is massive for a BSN newcomer,

Ive also just noticed in the original screen shot I posted, I'm getting 5 years of stadium sponsorship for a stadium that wont be ready/finished for 2 years

Might not be a bug but it seems like poor coding to me.

The board believes in you man! Make them proud!!

Making them proud takes sucess ..... Ask Di mateo.

I think this is a bad piece of coding and I cant operate a BSN club with such dumb debt.

Im not asking for tuns of unrealistic cash, just that the AI has some intelligence where building stadiums is concerned.

Archived