If Your Good Enough, Your Old Enough!

Champfan10

If your good enough, your old enough!

So another career thread for me, this time on the new and hopefully improved 13.1.3 patch.

The Rules

I will be playing with one club who are well known for there youth products, the rules are basically no signings what so ever and all players apart from those at the start will have to come through the famed academy.

The Aim

The aim is to try and move up the leagues and onto European glory whilst keeping hold of our young starlets for as long as we can.

Database Details

English leagues only, large database.

Version 13.1.3

English manager with no past experience.

CreweAlexandra.png

Crewe Alexander

A team that is well known amongst English fans, due to the players who was developed by during Dario Gradi's years as manager. Unfortunately they never really held onto any of the better players and have pretty much become a feeder club to the Championship and Premiership teams, surprisingly the hounours list is very bare. I have decided enough is enough, I'm going to change this.

Honours.jpg

When offering me the job, the chairman was have for us just to learn from the experience of playing in League One, but I'd like to survive first of all and then maybe push for promotion. Also the chairman wants me to adhere to the clubs philosophy of playing attacking football, which I'd rather not have to do, I want to play neat passing football but prefer counter to attacking football. I was surprised that a philosophy wsan't to give youth a chance given Crewe's history of doing this over the year.

philosophy.jpg

So soon after accepting the job I had a quick look at the excellent facilities the club has, a 10000 plus capacity stadium and good youth facilities, good junior coaching & top training facilities so basically the club has a training set up to be proud of and to match most of the top clubs around the world.

Facilities-1.jpg

Then I had a look at the squad, its unsurprisingly a young squad, but there's quality already there and great potential going forward. We do appear to be lacking in the midfield area so will be hoping that we get some decent lads through in the next youth candidate batch.

Startingsquad.jpg

CreweAlexandra.png

2012/2013 Update

I decided to complete my first season before my first update, but in future there will be a pre season, mid season & end of season update.

Season Performance

league-1.jpg

A long season of ups and downs and terrible inconsistency, it took me a long while to get a formation that was effective and gained us points, we went most formations you can think of before deciding to stick with my own varaition of 3-6-1.

We started the season well, even sitting on top for one game, but then we started to let in sloppy goals including a number tragic own goals, I had a couple of periods when my job status was unstable, including one point where I had a win or bust game against Yeovil, which we won 1-0 luckily for me, otherwise the media thought I would of been sacked. Anyway as the season went on we looked like we was going to get relegated but in the last 9 games & thanks to the tactic and formation change we picked up 18 points to steer us well clear and up the table.

positions.jpg

So due to our consilidation of our position in this league, I was then offered a 2 year deal but this was without any philosphies, so I suggested we added in that I would bring players though the youth team and the chairman was happy to oblige!

contract.jpg

Earlier in the season, we had a balance of £6m, alot for this level so I asked for the club to update the already great youth facilities so we can keep producing real talented players, the request was confirmed at the end of the season and would be completed by xmas 2013, the cost of this would be £3.8m and left our finance looking tighter than before but still in a fairly ok position.

youthupgrade.jpg

finances-1.jpg

Two of this seasons stars, who was here when I got the job was Max Clayton & Harry Davis, below are there profiles.

clayton-1.jpg

davis-1.jpg

During the season we also had our youth intake and a number of decent prospects were signed up, below are the best 5:-

Lewisflenley.jpg

mauricebrotherton.jpg

seanhickey.jpg

MarkMcLeod.jpg

ReeceBevan.jpg

Crewe Alexandra

Season 2013/2014

Mid Season Update

season2midpoint.jpg

Things in the league are going as they did last year, we started off well but have had a mid season slump, however the signs of recovery are there now as we are creating plenty of clear cut chances and restricting the opponents so here's hoping we see a decent rise throughout the second half of the season and survival.

season2midpointconfidence.jpg

The chairman seems to trust me to turn things around, I recently went through a 7 game losing streak but the chairman never pressured me and left me to it, which seemed to work as like I said above our performances and results have started to improve, they're also please about the youth players coming through.

season2midpointcups.jpg

During my poor run in the league, the club have still been doing fine in the cups and have secured a home tie against Blackburn Rovers which should see a decent croud.

Facilitiesupgrade.jpg

The youth facilities have now been upgraded, which see's our youth setup catagory go to a level 1 and we now have top youth facilities so I'm hoping our players will reach there potentials now. Hopefully we'l see some more records broke, like the one Walter Anthony just broke.

youngestgoalscore.jpg

You should stay up. That cup run is only going to help finances.

It ended at Blackburn, but it did help our finances a little!

Plenty of time to get out of trouble.

Yep, if its like last season, the youth intake seemed to boost the clubs morale and performances.

You should be able to survive,you seem to have some good prospects.Looking forward to seeing more bright prospects and of course,the haircuts :D

Yeah the prospects are great, the hair not so.

Crewe Alexander

Season 2013/14

Youth Intake

youthintake.jpg

Not the best intake, but theres a couple of attacking midfielders to work with, both will be trained so they can play in the centre as I'm not a big fan of attacking wingers, I prefer my team to be compact. Below is Michael McKay and Neil Dobie the 2 stand out players this year:-

michaelmckay.jpg

neildobie.jpg

Just a little side note, I got offered the Doncaster Rovers job, obviously rejected but its nice to know your being looked at by other clubs:-

donny.jpg

2013/2014 Update

Season Performance

s2table-1.jpg

A similar season to last season although we was in the relegation zone a lot earlier and a lot more this year, we played much of the season with a flat back 5 to try and kill the games, however after about 20 games it was obvious a change of tactics was needed so I started training a few variations of 433/451 so I could be flexible depending on the squad. This paid dividends as we went into the final third of the season which lead to a last day survival, which we was very lucky to achieve as Crawley conceded at 85th minute equalizer to keep us up.

s2cups-1.jpg

The cups was a plus point in the season, however we will need this to be a regular occurence if we are to keep away from financial ruin over the next few years, either that or we may need to sell one of the youngsters. As yet we have not had to sell a single player, but things may well change.

s2finances-1.jpg

The stars of this season was young Max Clayton again playing from an attacking midfield position and AJ Leitch-Smith, who is refusing to sign a new contract and may well be sold unless he changes his mind.

s2squad-1.jpg

MaxClaytons2-1.jpg

ajleitchsmith-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived