MLS Salary Cap

Hi guys

I'm halfway through my first season in the MLS, and I'm trying to plan out what I'm going to spend towards the salary cap next season, but I'm not sure which type of players contribute towards it (whether Generation Adidas or Academy Apprentice or whatever). I'm trying to reconcile what I think contributes on a spreadsheet to the game, and it's just not coming out right. Can anyone help?

I'm also not sure about what the salary cap will be next season, as I'm sure it must increase year on year..?

Thanks for this. Moving on to allocation fund...I got £95k of this for winning the Canadian Championship and I wasn't sure if it carried over to the next season..?

I'm assuming probably not as everyone gets new funds in the new year, but I'd love to have confirmation from someone in the know.

Allocation funds do pool over time. HOWEVER, if you use the funds to increase you cap (boardroom/budget adjustment) they will only last for that season. The cap should be coded to increase by 5% each year for the foreseeable future (I believe that there is a ceiling programmed into the game, though) but contract minimums (senior entry level/dev/AA) will also increase slightly each season.

This is great thanks for the help.

I'm at the Whitecaps. Wish I had Hassli from Toronto though!

Heh...I'm actually using Toronto, and for the first ten games or so of the season, Hassli stunk up the joint and failed to find the net. However, when it came time for my rivalry game with Montreal, he exploded for four goals and an assist in our 5-0 victory. Oh, and he's already signed a new contract with me...and is no longer a designated player!:)

Heh...I'm actually using Toronto, and for the first ten games or so of the season, Hassli stunk up the joint and failed to find the net. However, when it came time for my rivalry game with Montreal, he exploded for four goals and an assist in our 5-0 victory. Oh, and he's already signed a new contract with me...and is no longer a designated player!:)

I've always liked the Canadian Rob Friend on Pro Evo, so I have been looking at him as a target man, but Hassli is a bit more affordable.

I might send you a PM though mate if I come up with any other problems with the rules. It is quite fortunate that I have taken a recent interest in NHL on PS3 as well, which has some similarities to the MLS.

I do wish the game would show you what contributes to the salary cap though. FM can be a bit woolly when it comes to understanding the rules.

To revive my own thread and hope someone can answer another question.......

After the first season, I'm trying to sign Jimmy Nielsen after his release by Sporting. He does however still have his MLS rights registered to them. So I make a bid consisting of a draft pick and have it accepted only to find that he won't sign due to us 'not having enough funds to complete the transfer'..???

Archived