Players knowing how much money you have? (contract situation)

Is there something in this that lets players know what your wage budget is when you're in the contract window? I'm only asking because at the end of my third season I'm trying to buy Ter Stegen from Gladbach. I had the transfer bid accepted but when I get into the contract window he's asking for £185k per week, with a £8m signing on bonus.

That's insane, never mind he's only on £65k per week at his current club!

The only reason I can think of that he's asking for so much is that there's something in the game that lets the agents know what your wage budget is like

I would assume that you're one of the really big teams, so Man City, Real Madrid or Barcelona?

As far as I'm aware what would be causing the issue you're having is your clubs reputation. The player knows that you are a giant team and so assumes that you will be prepared to offer him a giant wage.

I'm playing as Liverpool, and I don't have a player on a wage over 100k a week including Gerrard or Falcao

Blimey. Managed to get him on a 5 year deal on something like 70k p.w for Roma.

I think there are alot of factors involved.

E.G When I was at Roma ; De Rossi was in his last year, wanted 160k p/w to sign an extension. I moved to Athletico Madrid the same season and he wanted 230k p/w to move to me at the end of his contract. Maybe he loves Gladbach too much at this stage of your game. I signed him on a free when he was down to 6 months. Worth something like £15m now for Roma, which for a keeper is unreal!

I'll bet you could negotiate that down a little. Plus offering bonuses helps bring it down. Nothing to stop you offering bonuses for unrealistic things that the player is unlikely to achieve either, that has served me well in recent games too. Personally I'd never offer ANY keeper that kind of contract. A decent keeper is a must but "decent" is the key word. I'll bet you could get a "decent" keeper for a lot less than 185k a week. Players will take the mick and ask for silly money sometimes. Up to you if you pay it.

I'll bet you could negotiate that down a little. Plus offering bonuses helps bring it down. Nothing to stop you offering bonuses for unrealistic things that the player is unlikely to achieve either, that has served me well in recent games too. Personally I'd never offer ANY keeper that kind of contract. A decent keeper is a must but "decent" is the key word. I'll bet you could get a "decent" keeper for a lot less than 185k a week. Players will take the mick and ask for silly money sometimes. Up to you if you pay it.

I honestly couldn't, at first I thought if I cancel and try again it would be better but his agent was asking for the same kind of cash so I said **** you and got someone else in. I don't like offering any player over £130k when they're in their prime since Liverpool don't have a massive income, so my money is done by selling off by older great players and trying to keep to a budget even though I usually only spend what I make even if the board offers me loads

@iSmiff you'd think but he's been transfer listed 3 times in the past year because he's wanted to leave, insanity is the word

Archived