Overload makes no difference.

Drawing with AC Milan at home with Juve 1-1, they are down to 10 men and get a second. With 30 mins left they get another player sent off and I go all out attack. I only watch the key highlights and at home to a struggling Milan side with nine men my team fail to get a single highlight in half an hours worth of play. Until the 30 seconds before the whistle blows for full time and my team just pass the ball around sideways and backwards not even looking for the win. Now this isn't a rant this is just the last straw for me, it's ridiculous how the mentality side of this game has no effect. I had noticed this before now but this has just confirmed it.

And no it's not my tactics, I'm top of the league with the most clean sheets and goals. Ive noticed it on other saves with championship sides also.

Anybody else having the same issues?

If the team are already defending like hell, and have been successfully doing so before, Overload alone isn't going to do anything.

You need to change how you attack against a team that's shut up shop, not just attack more.

I did change it, went from 1 striker to two with two Attacking midfielders on the wings from wing backs and a trequartista behind the strikers. My whole tactics changed from a counter style to a gung ho look. Had this been against 11 men then I would agree with you, but being at home like I said against a struggling team with 9 men and losing 2-1 with half an hour to go and not having a single highlight with one shot for my team seems slightly unrealistic to me.

If the team are already defending like hell, and have been successfully doing so before, Overload alone isn't going to do anything.

You need to change how you attack against a team that's shut up shop, not just attack more.

So what you're saying is in 30 minutes of play, just simply switching to 'overload' which will push a higher defensive line and pumping balls into the box that not a single chance would be created unless you changed other areas of the tactics, too?

I don't buy this. In the past I've switched strategy (which in turn adjust the tactics sliders) and there's a noticeable difference in play demonstrated by the ME.

Also the possesion was 50/50 and I had only 8 shots all match compared to milans 13. Considering they played a third of the match with nine men and nearly half of it with ten then there is some problems there. Not bashing on the game just letting the people that be know as it's obviously something that needs tweeking so that the game can become better.

I advise you start a thread in the tactics forum, asking people to help you with this kind of situation. They're a great help in there.

I'm not struggling with the games tactics, it's just a feature of the game that doesn't seem to be working.

Look, you can either be stubborn and continue assuming you're doing everything right, in which case all you'll do is get more and more frustrated, or you could try and see whether you're doing things right or not but discussing your tactics with people and seeing how it turns out.

It's your choice.

I'm closing this thread. The ME thread is the place to discuss general feedback, and the tactics forum is there for help.

Archived