Struggling so, so hard against teams on the bottom of the league

Playing as Arsenal in the second season and so far I've had these results in the Premier League against teams placed in the bottom half of the league.

Wigan (17th) - Arsenal 0-0

Wolves (16th) - Arsenal 1-0

Arsenal - Swansea (19th) 0-0

Cardiff (17th) - Arsenal 2-0

West Brom (16th) - Arsenal 0-0

Reading (15th) - Arsenal 5-5 (!)

Arsenal - Stoke (17th) 2-3

Stoke - Arsenal (15) 3-0

Seriously, what's up? In between these games I've beaten Tottenham at home (5-2), Man City at home (3-1) , Man Utd at home (1-0), Newcastle away (1-3), Juventus at home (1-0), Sunderland (8th) away (1-4) , etc., my team just can't play against the worst of the bunch. Basically all the goals against me has come from everything from my throw-ins going straight to the opponent, flashes of brilliance, excellent counter attacks to just plain random goals (corners from nowhere, goalkeeper mistakes, total flukes, etc.) - although usually the opposition dominate possession.

Against Wolves away I had 3 shots, 0 on target. Nothing worked, just waves of waves of attacks from Wolves and then finally a 85th minute winner. I was 5-4 up at Reading away (I scored my 5th in the 90th), and they go on and score straight from kick-off.

Stoke away - they score on a penalty before Kenwyne Jones delivers a C. Ronaldo-esque cross to Crouch who scoredm, before Jenkinson threw the ball straight to Jon Walters and I got Barca'd for about 7 moves before 3-0 Stoke.

All my key players underperforming.

Nothing wrong with my team talks, the players generally respond well to them.

I don't mind dropping points, not at all. It's just in the manner it happens and the standard of opposition that bugs me.

Almost forgot; FA Cup - Arsenal - Norwich (Championship) 0-1. I had 1 shot on goal. One.

Archived