The whole team are nervous

Im playing as Man Utd in the Premier League and Im playing with TC 4-4-2 so its fair to say that I've tried doing too much manipulating with the tactical makeup to have a major effect. What I am noticing though is the way my team seem to suffer endlessly from nerves.

I have tried taking the pressure off with "No Pressure" team talks but they just cant help themselves it seems. Even playing against cannon fodder like newly promoted Watford I find my most experienced players bricking it during the game. Is it just me that's suffering this problem, that if we don't score in the opening 20-30 minutes they start losing their heads.

This is the 2nd season Ive played and Ive got a lot of professional players with high determination so I don't really understand what the problem is- I've done everything I could possibly think of to reduce the pressure but they still will not calm down.

For me doing some team cohesion training for a few weeks helped alot with the nervousnes of my players. Might not be your problem but for me it seemed they were nervous because they didnt know how to play together even though the tactic was fully fluid.

Archived