How do you guys play FM?

So I'm not getting FM13 until Christmas time, so I decided to pull out FM12 again and give it a good play through. But I decided to do something different this time. I have spent the last two days on vacation simulating as far into the game as I can. Currently, it is 2050/2051 season so I will be starting here.

Has anyone ever done this before? What did you think of it? I think it'll be pretty tough, because obviously there are no IRL players around anymore! But it could be interesting to have to spend more time on scouting and checking out the players stats that I'm interested in buying, instead of saying "oh I need a good winger, Valencia would fit well in my team!"

It's also fun to look through the history of the game, seeing where top players went after their playing days, or what happened later into their days. In this save, Rooney left UTD in 2020 for Burnley (championship team at the time) and spent a few years there before retiring. He then became arsenal manager for 17 years!

Lukaku (former Chelsea captain) is the Manchester United assistant manager, and Ox Chamberlain is a scout for United.

Mexico is the #1 national team in the world, winning 3 of the last 5 world cups and producing two different multiple world player of the years.

Everton is the worst off team I have found. They are currently in the middle of the table in Blue Square South.

Everton, a team from Liverpool, are in the Blue Square South?!

It happens.. If there is 2 many northern clubs more northern than everton (or not enough sothern clubs) everton (or which ever closest to the south club) get put in the south.

You need 22 a leauge. Its not always perfect that theres 22 northern and 22 southern clubs to divide exactly.. so sometimes some clubs have to switch between the 2.

It happens.. If there is 2 many northern clubs more northern than everton (or not enough sothern clubs) everton (or which ever closest to the south club) get put in the south.

You need 22 a leauge. Its not always perfect that theres 22 northern and 22 southern clubs to divide exactly.. so sometimes some clubs have to switch between the 2.

Correct. Have the Football League not recently changed the Goegraphical "Border" for North and South?

e.g. Two Southern Teams and Two Northern Teams Get Promoted, Yet 3 Southern and 1 Northern get relegated? Something has to give.

I started about 15 years into the future on FM12 with only England open. What I found was the standard of the league's had gone up thanks to the quality of the regens. Players who would of been classed as decent for the Prem at the start of the game would only of been good enough for league 1 by that stage. Some of the Blue Square players by that stage would of ripped it up if they had been around at the start.

Everton, a team from Liverpool, are in the Blue Square South?!

I went back and checked again and I was mistaken. They are in BSN.

bring everton back to the top!

I'd like to do something like this but my computer is crazy slow so it would take forever to holiday far enough

I'd be much obliged if you could post a download to this save however :D !

How do I upload the save? I wouldn't mind doing that.

I have noticed that almost every team is playing with 3 CB's. It's quite strange.

Archived