your greatest ever signing

Robbie Keane on CM3 and Joe Cole on CM 01/02 are probably my favourite signings in CM/FM history! Although I also remembering selling Cole after 6-7 years to Real Madrid for £150m just because I couldnt refuse the money! :cool:

Also remember the Icelandic gem SiÞorsson (or something like that) from an old CM-game. He was pretty much a cheat player though but I always bought him.. :o

Spyros Fourlanos, a young greek MC/AMC from Panathinaikos.

He is fairly proffesional with a determination of 13, yet he seems to grow extremely fast. By 23-24 he is close to full potential, with room left to increase his already good mental stats as he grows older. He is not world class potential, but he makes an awesome all around midfielder.

On top of that, he makes a good tutor after that. Within 2.5 years he managed to make a jamaican newgen equal to him. (the newgen had more potential than him as well and since he passed his growing habits, in a couple years was even better a playmaker,reaching mental stats that would make many seniors jealous)

And that was with me being in the norwegian league,so I couldn't tutor him myself when he was young. If you grab him early and make him model citizen/proffesional or resolute I'm sure he will be even better.

• 2 months later...
This version?

Boudjemaa.... 60k first window..

and after 6 months...

Ng8iF.png?1

and he signs for championship clubs easily.

I can vouch for that. Signed him for Millwall in my first season. 40 games, 11 goals, 12 assists and an average of 7.18.

Absolute bargain for 50k.

Greatest ever? Sheesh, that's a tough one. I'd probably have to say Mads Jorgensen on CM 99-00 - I picked him up for around £2m for my all-conquering Inter side and he turned into an absolute assist machine from the right wing. Averaged around 30 assists a season for years in a row. Ridiculous.

Haven't really had a signing really stand out on the current version but I have high hopes for this regen.

Maicon_OverviewProfile_zpsb35b9169.png

Just signed him for £1.4m and his attributes already look superb for a teenager. Rated 5 star potential so we'll see where he ends up...

Portugese Striker in FM12. He wasn't 200 PA material, more around 170 if I was to guess, but boy was he the occasion of a player having the right stats at the right place. He even managed to score over 100 goals on one of his years.

The guy reached 18 stamina/strength, 18 pace/acceleration, 20 off the ball, 20 flair, 18 finishing/dribbling, 15 technique, 17 composure, etc. The reason behind that is that he was lucky enough to start with 2-3 marking/tackling/long throws and ~4 in positioning, so he had a lot of room to increase other stats.

Sadly, he is on his declining years right now,so even if I was to load my FM12 I wouldn't be able to provide a proper ss of him.

Slovenian Central Midfield newgen on CM03/04. Signed for Tottenham on a free. In the following 15 years he was devastatingly good. Banging in freekicks and just tearing up the opposition, was still world class at the age of 36.

Fresh in memory, Mesut Özil in FM12 when he was 27 for Shalke04 for €9m. (he was my only signing that summer)

I was struggling for 3 seasons to get them anywhere but he made such a huge impact that all of a sudden we went unbeaten for 25 matches in a row and only dropped 5 points in an entire season.

Mattia Maccagni in FM12. Inter were touting him around for a shade under £15m, having had him come through their youth system and had not scored 50 goals in his 8 seasons since his debut. In his first season at my all-conquering Southampton side he scored 33 league goals in 34 games, winning 10 MotM awards. Two years later he scored 34 in 33 games. Over his 5 seasons, he scored 216 goals in 245 games: it took his strike partner, who is probably a better player, took 349 games to score the same amount of goals.

Unfortunately, my inner Arsene Wenger kicked in and I sold him to Manchester United for £24m at the age of 30. He scored 36 goals in 36 games. He's still there at age 35, although is very much a bit part player. He has a lengthy list of awards, including being a two time World Player of the Year, and despite not being statistically the best player I've ever managed, he was definitely the best signing I ever made.

I signed Adryan for 1.4m (1m pounds) with Inter, who were struggling massively financially at the start of the game. He's now 23 and worth some $41m (25m pounds). Absolutely running my midfield, and on top of that he is a big game player. He scored a hat trick in the Estadio de Dragao against Porto (stacked team, with 16 players with values over $20m (12.5m pounds), in a crucial CL quarter final.

I bough this fellas for 7k from Sturm Graz and he has turned out to be my main rock in midfield over the years. At 25 yo he is now worth 40m.

PaulBrunner_OverviewAttributes-4_zps64f9ff56.png

or this guy who i also picked up cheap as a youngster and has turned into a magical midfielder...picked him up for 925k from Auxerre.

LionelBillard_OverviewAttributes_zps222daa4a.png

In FM11 playing with Aldosivi from Argentina's 2nd division I found a 16 year old argentinian CB that according to his carrer history he was on Palestino from Chile before being a Free Agent. At the time he had a 5 star potential and 2 1/2 current potential. I signed him but for the U20 team. Then one of the CBs was suspended and I decided to play him and he answered with 2 goals! Then the other CB got injured and from there he became a starter at 16 and in the end I won the league and the promotion.

After that, before the end of the transfer period Roma asked for a price for him, but since I didn't want to sell him because I had little time to find a new one, I asked for an expensive amount so they'll back off.

}

I never saw him again, but I don't think he was a regen because he had no regen face and he was released by another team. His name was Gaston Carvajal.

To Madeira...

CM01/02 - yes, I remember him. From some Portuguese team you could sign him for 50k or something. Seem to remember he was a fake player that got left in by the testers. 16 dribbling, 20 finishing, high pace, etc.

You also got Taribo West on a free at the start of that game.

Lionel Harbuzi was a 15 year old Scandanavian who turned out amazing in a release around that time too. Might have been the next version of the game, but could also have been 01/02.

More recently, Higuain was a goal machine in FM12, less-so in FM13, although that may change with the update. Currently, Llorente on a free is my best guy, excellent target man with a ton of goals in that role, although £50m Leandro Diamao has scored bucketloads more in his 6 years with my Chelski side.

I haven't had time to bargain hunt with lower teams this year, so I'm only thinking of bigger teams. I've had a lot of great Argentinian regens, a DC who is now 21 (cost me 500k) and now first choice, and two strikers who will be first choice when Llorente is past it.

Ollie Monguel (no stop laughing at the back) was a legend for me on FM13. Signed him for my Tier 7 Folkestone Invicta side and initially I figured he would be okay but drop off once we reach League 2. 458 appearances later and he had been first choice right back right up to our first season in the Premiership, he even managed 22 games that season as well. It was only in his last season that he got below a 7 for his overall season rating and was only ever sent off once. He's playing for Brackley after wanting a new challenge but I will ensure he comes onto the staff as he was too much of a legend for me to ignore.

Ibrahim Afellay for £1.4m on FM12 - meant to be cover, but very quickly became a lot more valuable than that and was consistently superb wide-left for me. Him and Kagawa kept scoring for fun on my left flank for Arsenal.

Archived