How smart is naming regens? HELP REQUIRED

Aleynasdad

Im working on a database for the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. In my test-runs Im getting quite a few Greek and Slavic names. I assume this a drag over from the Cyprus league. For the sake of realism I want to stop this but I dont know how smart the editor is. Is it doing this because Cyprus is in the name of the league/nation? If so I can change it to Kibris. Or, is it just because the coefficients of the cities are so close? Or is it because they share the same country weather? Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Cheers:)

The names are given according to the language setting of a:

1) city; if not set then:

2) region; if not set then:

3) country

Also, within the language the game now differentiate regional varieties, so e.g. even though Silesia and Podlasie are both in Poland and both have Polish set as their language, the base for newgen names will be only the players/staff born in the specific region.

What I would do is create a region in Turkey, called something like NortherN Cyprus. Then just add all TRNC cities to that region; or alternatively just add them to a current Turkish region. That way all regions will have Turkish names and Turkish second nationality, which would be true to real life. For example, Muzzy Izzet was of Turkish Cypriot heritage and played for the Turkish national team.

Archived