Desktop Advice

Hi All,

I am looking to invest in a new pc over the next few weeks for work and for fm. The trouble is I need some advice on what would be able to run the game with a high number of leagues, fast.

I am currently looking at this PC: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/lenovo-h520s-desktop-pc-17392869-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR~Desktop+PC+%26+Monitors~17392869

Can anyone advise me?

I know there is a laptop thread, however I couldnt find a desktop thread.

Thanks in advance!

OP, as the Mod has asked. Agree with the others, PC World staff will tell you what you want to hear, rather than actually knowing anything about tech. Customer service is awful too. Recommend you try here for info purposes and research.

Thanks for your replies.

I have been doing some research on my current desktop and my current specs are as follows:

Intel 4 Premium 2.8gh processer

1gb of ram (I know this is not enough)

160 hard drive

I know my graphics card is useless, however I only use 2d pitches.

My question is, if I upgrade my ram to 4gb (which is the maximum that i can) will fm run okay with a few leagues?

Your processor is slow as can be... it won't be a great experience... but sure, adding a bit more ram will help somewhat, bare in mind your OS when upgrading ram too... 32bit or 64bit etc...

I'd be more inclined to buy a new system rather than polish the turd, as it were, though.

Again, if you gave us a budget, we could find something for you.

Archived