CR and Messi "average" in FM13

It's normal in this game, and in previous FMs it was similar. When they are in AI teams they don't score too many goals, but when you have them, they often play even better than they do in real life.

This was the case in FMs prior to FM12; but in my FM12 save both of them routinely averaged oner 1 goal a game, as they do in real life, for AI teams. That is why it is so jarring for me that they have regressed in FM13 to their pre-FM12 states.

Messi (controlled by the AI) is doing amazingly in my game, averaging something like 8.15 and around a goal per game. He's playing his real life position as a false nine in a 4-1-2-2-1.

CR (controlled by me) is averaging around 7.5. He's actually my biggest assister, which is surprising considering his teamwork. He's scoring about 1 in every 3, assisting a little more often. I play him either as IF at AML or DLF at FC.

The revelation for me in the CR position has been Hatem Ben Arfa actually, who's got 7.85 and nearly a goal every game playing at AMR (role varies).

I have a 'Messi' like newgen and he's starting to flourish and act like the real lif Messi. He was just off a goal every game last season but playing for England in the World Cup has seen his attributes massively jump up and he is absurdly good now (19 finishing, 19 dribbling, 20 anticipation, 20 composure, 20 technique, 20 off-the ball, 17 long shots, 20 first touch, 16 pace/accelearation) so I have high hopes for him next season.

The real Messi is a dissapointment goals wise, he averages about 8.10 but his goals ratio is less than 1 in 1. It's a bit sad to look at his career history and see that 50 goals in a league season (his last real life season) and then the in game seasons with like 18, 22, 25 etc.

Sadly my 'Messi' is called Ken Ellis-Brown, no offence to the 'Kens' out there but doesn't have the same ring to it as Lionel Messi :D

It's a hard one to judge, and based on the scoring feats of other players in other teams in my save Id say it's down to how the two players are being used by the AI that's causing this to occur.

A guy in the Man U team in my current save scored his 40th goal of the season against me, in game 28 :(

messin.jpg

ronnyv.jpg

Average rating wise they're both doing pretty well, Messi is sensational but goals wise nowhere near real life.

It's worth noting that I don't have the Spanish league loaded.

That looks about similar to mine and I do have the Spanish leagues loaded.

it's not a player data issue though as both players have fantastic attributes thats should result in very regular scoring, so it;s just poor AI management of them. Barcelona just won the champions league, league and cup in my game though.

My Ronaldo in RM has 1 gol per match, Messi is around 0,9 goal per match and he is playing a central striker...

I have to supply Ronaldo with a lots of balls to get at least 1 goal per match, because inside forwards are just broken in this game same as fullbacks, they behave almost like wingers, they do not cut inside too much, only run by the touchline and crosses to a goalkeeper..He just play like Di Maria, who is winger support in my tactics, but his teamwork is low, so he does not pass often to teamates and scores some luckly goals.

You have to note that if you are managing outside of spain, the results in spain and other leagues (except the one you are playing in) are not played out by the match engine. They are generated (helps make the game quicker). You will probably find Messi and Ronaldo scoring more goals if you play in spain. You could however choose to have matches in some foreign leagues loaded by the match engine but bear in mind this will reduce the speed of your game.

• 9 months later...
I know it is minor, but I hope this has gotten some attention in FM14. It would be good to see the dominance of these two players reflected in FM14.

And yet, I hope that SI ignore this 'issue' completely. If they find some way to make these kinds of players better in FM, it'll probably result in other random players becoming far too good.

FM isn't a facsimile of real life; every new game is different from every other game ever started, and for a million different reasons. And that's part of what makes it a good game.

And yet, I hope that SI ignore this 'issue' completely. If they find some way to make these kinds of players better in FM, it'll probably result in other random players becoming far too good.

FM isn't a facsimile of real life; every new game is different from every other game ever started, and for a million different reasons. And that's part of what makes it a good game.

If I am reading your argument correctly, it is akin to saying that, if Barca and Real are consistently finishing at the bottom of the table in everyone's FM saves, it isn't a problem because FM isn't a fascimile of real life? And that it shouldn't be fixed because somehow making the two best teams in Spain in real life (by far) the two best teams in Spain in FM (by far) might make some random teams too good?

I manage Messi in the National team, and in the 2014 World Cup he ended as top scorer and asister of the tournament :p

Same here. Both players preform amazingly when they are on teams I manage. The problem is that AI managers don't appear to be able to coax the same levels of performance out of them.

Archived