Getting Rid Of A Player (Fernando Torres)

Currently playing a network game, still in pre-season. My friend who is spurs has bid for Torres, i have accepted, placed Torres on the transfer list, had a word with him and told him he has no future, and also placed him in the reserves.

His demands are too high when negotiating with Spurs, is there anyway around this? And is it only when selling to AI teams that the option of paying a percentage of his wages comes up?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated

And is it only when selling to AI teams that the option of paying a percentage of his wages comes up?

Not totally sure if that would be an option in regards to co-ownership, but in FM12 I did try to ship out a couple of players by offering them. Several clubs came in but one of the players was steadfast over what money he wanted, had to let his contact run out.

It's frustrating as I got rid of Paolo Ferriera, and was given the option of paying 13k a week until the end of his contract. Which i was only too happy to do to get rid of that farce!

Can any mods help, are you only given that option when selling to AI?

I can potentially get 30mil for Torres, so need this sorted ASAP.

It's frustrating as I got rid of Paolo Ferriera, and was given the option of paying 13k a week until the end of his contract. Which i was only too happy to do to get rid of that farce!

Can any mods help, are you only given that option when selling to AI?

I can potentially get 30mil for Torres, so need this sorted ASAP.

Why is he a farce? He's served the club very well. Never complains and puts in a performance when your in an injury crisis.

I'm not sure of the question you are asking, I think you have got yourself slightly mixed up?

The common scenario is that when you sell a player you are asked to pay some of their wages.

There is a rumour, but scant proof, that the AI sometimes pays wages when you buy a player.

You are asking about an instant answer as you want to sell Torres ASAP. You are asking does it only apply when selling to AI? It is well established it does apply when selling to AI, you are going to sell to AI..... no?

As long as it is you and not DoF getting the selling then you retain control over whether to contribute to his wages.

Are you trying to establish whether, if you sell torres, the AI buying club with pay some of his wages? that doesn't make any sense but is what it seems like you are asking

I think what he's asking is that, he's trying to sell Torres to another human manager, not the AI, and the option for him to continue paying some of Torres' wages in order to get him out of the club hasn't appeared (or Torres will simply not negotiate with the other team).

If it's the latter, it's possible that Torres just doesn't want to move to Spurs, thinks he can get a better club etc. If it's the first, I'm not sure if it only applies in human-AI transfers, would be good for a mod or someone from SI to clear it up

I think what he's asking is that, he's trying to sell Torres to another human manager, not the AI, and the option for him to continue paying some of Torres' wages in order to get him out of the club hasn't appeared (or Torres will simply not negotiate with the other team).

If it's the latter, it's possible that Torres just doesn't want to move to Spurs, thinks he can get a better club etc. If it's the first, I'm not sure if it only applies in human-AI transfers, would be good for a mod or someone from SI to clear it up

Yep, I missed the network game bit, and my previous post is incorrect and obsolete, apologies

yeah sorry if i got it mixed up, I'm selling him and he wont leave. When i sell a player to AI, the option arises to sub their wages if needs be. In this case I am selling to another human, and want to know if the option is there, as i have never came across it.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like you're stuck with him. It happens in football, big clubs pay big money for big players they don't do the business. Torres, Shevchenko, Carroll, Veron, Afonso Alves, Mutu, Robbie Keane, that fella from Ukraine that Barcelona signed. If he has a contract with you and he doesn't want to leave then you can't really make him. I can see what you're saying about being willing to top up his wages at Spurs and that would be a solution. If that isn't an option maybe you could try dropping the asking price and maybe that will tempt other clubs to make an offer?

he's actually doing quite well, but still would take 30mil in a hearbeat.

MODS PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP!!!

The forum Moderators are here to ensure that the rules are followed and will help if they know the answer to a question- shouting at them to clear this up will not help you get an answer.

I´ve tried a lot of times to get rid of Torres but only succeding once in all my saves on FM13. I baught Falcao for a staggering amount and Atletico wanted Torres so i exchanged him. But i guess Atletico got him for free so that doesnt really answer your question.

On other saves I basically in the end sell Torres for 3-5M€ just to get rid of him and his wages.

Archived