Scouting Assignments Screen - why not make it more like this or similar or even customisable?

Very frustrated with the Scouting User Interface - such a waste of screen real estate - it could be better - I hate having to click on "View Match Report" it should be all on one screen (or custom) when you click on a scout in the Scout Assignment screen

Something like this would be nice :)

scouting.png

I think a major problem with many of the screens in FM13 is that it seems to have been designed for 1024x768 resolution. So playing on anything more than that results in wasted space that is not utilised. Only a few select screens take advantage of higher resolutions, like the player profile and league screens.

Look at the Individual Instructions screen in tactics. Playing on a larger monitor, there is loads of space, and you still have to move between two different screens to see the slider box and the attributes.

Try running the game in windowed mode, and make the window as small as it can. Then it will be clear that it was designed for that size, not anything above that.

I've done that and there's still loads of room for customisation - as I said the user could potentially choose what they want to see on the screen.

At the moment it's a nightmare to filter through each individual scouts reports and it shouldn't be that difficult.

Especially when you click on the Scout Assignment and you get no information whatsoever - except a small little link in the right hand corner for "View Reports".

You click on New Assignment and you get this Pop Up window - that can't be moved around - and a set of instructions that could simply be built into the UI for the Scout Assignments - there's really no need for a "New Assignments" pop up window.

It's an insane user interface, it could be better, a lot better.

I've done that and there's still loads of room for customisation - as I said the user could potentially choose what they want to see on the screen.

At the moment it's a nightmare to filter through each individual scouts reports and it shouldn't be that difficult.

Especially when you click on the Scout Assignment and you get no information whatsoever - except a small little link in the right hand corner for "View Reports".

You click on New Assignment and you get this Pop Up window - that can't be moved around - and a set of instructions that could simply be built into the UI for the Scout Assignments - there's really no need for a "New Assignments" pop up window.

It's an insane user interface, it could be better, a lot better.

Oh I totally agree :) ... it could be much better. So many screens have wasted space, and there are many clicks and loss of overview.

Hopefully it will improve in the future. I just wish they would do a total overhaul of the interface, instead of improving a select few each time, and then introduce new ones that makes no sense.

Archived