Custom Cups (FA Cup etc)

cel1234

I want to know how do you put certain divisions in certain rounds like the FA Cup 3rd round Premiership and Championship teams enter how do you do this in custom cups ?? I know there is a button to click for seeded teams from divisions is that it ??

I want to know how do you put certain divisions in certain rounds like the FA Cup 3rd round Premiership and Championship teams enter how do you do this in custom cups ?? I know there is a button to click for seeded teams from divisions is that it ??

There is that option but it's currently broken and is under review.

That mean if you click on it the teams don't work like they are meant to ??

Yeah that's correct. It's worked in previous versions, just not this one. I don't know of any solutions. On mine, I've got Prem teams playing Level 10 teams in the Extra Preliminary Round and they're winning 8-0 every game.

I've got a custom cup in the basic editor where seeding works and I haven't encountered this bug. In nation rules the cup is set with "get teams from division" and "get specific team" in some cases, lowest first (so amateur teams first). If I have 10 teams set to start in the last 16 or whatever, the last 10 teams in my list of teams are them. "Sort by division reputation" or whatever that option is checked.

I've got a custom cup in the basic editor where seeding works and I haven't encountered this bug. In nation rules the cup is set with "get teams from division" and "get specific team" in some cases, lowest first (so amateur teams first). If I have 10 teams set to start in the last 16 or whatever, the last 10 teams in my list of teams are them. "Sort by division reputation" or whatever that option is checked.
Yeah, when seeding a cup, you have to remember, the teams at the top of the list will get entered first. That's how it used to work, anyways.
I've never had to do that in FM12 (and before), always used to enter Prem teams first and Level 10 teams last and then had seeded by division reputation ticked. And it worked. Will try that and see if it works, I'll report back.

Yeah, when seeding a cup, you have to remember, the teams at the top of the list will get entered first. That's how it used to work, anyways.

Just switched the teams in my FA Cup from Level 10 to Level 1 (rather than 1 to 10) and it still shows Prem teams in the Extra Preliminary Round.

My seeding also appears to work in my Lincs & Humber database. I put the prem at the top of the list and the bottom division at the bottom. My lower level teams fight it out for the qualifying rounds and then the decent teams get added in the first round, the better teams in the round of 32 and the prem teams in the round of 16

Archived