Question about Start-up

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I've had FM2013 since it first come out and have had no problems as i've always had internet connection. I've just recently started a 3 month det in afghan and the internet is pretty shoddy to say the least out here. So when i try to start up FM2013, it comes up with the steam bit and says "completing installation 0%". It stays on that until a new box pops up saying "the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2013. Error Code (3)". Is there anyway to get it not to do this as i was under the impression that you only needed internet connection to install the game and not every time you play it.

Cheers in advance

Chris

1) Start Steam whilst being connected to the Internet - make sure that the "Remember my password" box on the login window is checked

2) Verify that all game files are completely updated and that there are no current downloads on Steam ("View" -> "Downloads")

3) Launch the game(s) you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download. Shut down the game(s) and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game(s) can be played

4) Go to "Steam" -> "Settings" to ensure that the "Don't save account credentials on this computer" option is NOT selected

5) Click on the top left "Steam" menu and select "Go Offline"

6) Select "Restart in Offline Mode". This will restart the Steam client and it will no longer connect to Internet when it is launched

Thanks for the quick reply,

I tried doing that and when i launch the game it still says "completing installation". But doesn't move from 0%. Does that mean my game updated before i left the UK? I checked game files and there are no current downloads

Archived