Taking a break from FM

I can accept that Im not a brilliant manager (I never thought it was entirely the MEs fault that I lost certain games and dropped points) but its getting to the stage, especially with this version of the game that Im just feeling like giving up on it.

My big moment was when I realised that when I equalised against Burnley I felt like I couldnt really care less. I had tried tweaking my tactics to add balance to the team and I could win against the big teams at home no problem but Ive never felt so disillusioned with a version of the game where even when I have won I have just felt bored. This version is great for all those tactical gurus amongst us but I didnt play the game to be a master tactician, just to develop the young players and the whole journey that makes FM so unique. I went back to basics and used the TC and I have looked at a number of guides on the Tactics forum (there's some great reading in there) but even then I still couldn't succeed. I cant justify to myself investing any more time in this version of the game as it has no longer felt like a hobby but more of a chore.

I appreciate that the future of this game will be based on this build of ME and therefore I dont see myself buying this game for the forseeable future. I'm not suggesting that the ME is seriously flawed but that, in the end, the game is far too difficult for someone like me. Im not really interested in tactics and they seem to be the be all and end all in this game now so its been a pleasure and I would like to thank the whole community for some great reads over the last couple of years.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can accept that Im not a brilliant manager (I never thought it was entirely the MEs fault that I lost certain games and dropped points) but its getting to the stage, especially with this version of the game that Im just feeling like giving up on it.

My big moment was when I realised that when I equalised against Burnley I felt like I couldnt really care less. I had tried tweaking my tactics to add balance to the team and I could win against the big teams at home no problem but Ive never felt so disillusioned with a version of the game where even when I have won I have just felt bored. This version is great for all those tactical gurus amongst us but I didnt play the game to be a master tactician, just to develop the young players and the whole journey that makes FM so unique. I went back to basics and used the TC and I have looked at a number of guides on the Tactics forum (there's some great reading in there) but even then I still couldn't succeed. I cant justify to myself investing any more time in this version of the game as it has no longer felt like a hobby but more of a chore.

I appreciate that the future of this game will be based on this build of ME and therefore I dont see myself buying this game for the forseeable future. I'm not suggesting that the ME is seriously flawed but that, in the end, the game is far too difficult for someone like me. Im not really interested in tactics and they seem to be the be all and end all in this game now so its been a pleasure and I would like to thank the whole community for some great reads over the last couple of years.

Hi before you decide to quit have you tried the FMC version that comes with the game. It is brilliant in that it takes you back a few years when the game was simpler yet still demanding. There's a lot less to worry about and the tactics seem to work differently, could just be me. Give that a try and you might feel less frustrated.

I agree with you this full version is a lot harder to conquer and if time is not on your side, FMC will gladly fill the roll that previous versions used to give people re the feel good factor. FMC is fun, quick and easy on the eye.

I think I will take a short break from the game because all this tactics talk has got my head swimming- couple this with some of the horrendous mistakes I have seen my defenders make is not a good combination. I enjoy these forums and I dont hold a grudge against SI for it.

This is such a good game that its bound to have quirks and in all honesty the reason I have decided to stop for a little bit is my frustration that my tactics are inept and the fact that I've hit a bit of a brick wall with regards to my understanding of the game. Normally I find that losing in FM is normally tolerable if I understand why I have lost but a lot of the time my results can vary so much its hard to say whats going right and whats actually tactically wrong.

Wow... you read my mind.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. This years edition has been a mayor letdown for me, but it seems to work fine and dandy for many people, so I doubt SI will change things.

But we still have the superior FM12. :-)

Wow... you read my mind.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. This years edition has been a mayor letdown for me, but it seems to work fine and dandy for many people, so I doubt SI will change things.

But we still have the superior FM12. :-)

I'm with you guys!

and me I think I am not even as excited about results i think is more geared to the gaming generation not the frequent single game person like myself i think its lost its shine over the past couple of years and Iwill come back sometime but not quiet yet for a few years when i find the hunger again

Having overcome the same sort of feelings as the OP, I read, read more and then read some more stuff on here (see wwfan) and then applied things to my game.

I play a very standard 4-4-2 - I tweak NOTHING.

Always good practice to have one attacking CM, one defending CM, one attacking CF, one defending CF.

It works for me, which I'm amazed at because I've never in the past got a 4-4-2 to work - probably because I ALWAYS used to over-complicate tactics because I thought I was doing the right thing.

I still don't understand the ME properly, does anyone?

I don't have a super tactic that finds holes in the ME and exploits it.

However, I do apply simple approaches to the game and it's working.

Keep it SIMPLE is my advice.

Oh and lastly, as for being excited - I am literally grinning with happiness when I play my new regen striker because he plays a bit like a regen I had years and year ago, scoring for fun, dribbles like Messi and hardly ever gets injured!

It's been a long time since I had such a near-perfect regen, with all the right stats in all the right areas.

I'mn 8 seasons in and there appears to be plenty of top regens to pick from and Def's have stats in the right areas, etc - not been this good for hidden new gems for years in FM!!!

Has it always been so much fuss and complaints around each new FM-release? Been playing the game since CM01/02, but I've never really been aware of other users feedback until this year. I've always bought the game blindely, since I know SI will deliver a better game for each year. This year however, I was wrong.

SI are not going to change anything, that's for sure. They are too arrogant and proud for that, and will stand behind their product no matter what. I think it's a shame, because the game is headed in the wrong direction imo. FM is no longer fun, it's just frustrating.

Has it always been so much fuss and complaints around each new FM-release? Been playing the game since CM01/02, but I've never really been aware of other users feedback until this year. I've always bought the game blindely, since I know SI will deliver a better game for each year. This year however, I was wrong.

SI are not going to change anything, that's for sure. They are too arrogant and proud for that, and will stand behind their product no matter what. I think it's a shame, because the game is headed in the wrong direction imo. FM is no longer fun, it's just frustrating.

Disagree completely, sorry.

The game is brilliant and it does not take a master tactician to find fun in the game.

If you want 'plug-and-play' where it's easy etc, perhaps the FMC is the one for you.

I really enjoy the full game and I cannot see how SI have done anything other than try very bloody hard to make the game closer to real life in all departments.

Feels like so many people just cannot be bothered to think outside the box and just can't be bothered to put the thought into the game. What do you think real managers do? Just turn up and press 'play' on match days?

If you want games like that, play Black Ops 2 multiplayer or something, that's dead easy, put Xbox (or PS3) on, load game mode of choice, aim, fire, kill.....

Football (and FM) is a bit more than that.

Indeed. FM is about more than that and SI have done a great, great job this time around. I enjoy the game fully, but still I have to agree with those who are getting fed up with the bugs in the game. Take my example; I´m playing as City, I have Balotelli, Kompany, Clichy, Silva all out for three months due to a torn hamstring injury. Add to that, Fellaini who I baught out with a broken leg for six months. The game simply became unplayable so I started a new save and the problems were gone. I like realism, I enjoy it and fully love it but IRL you dont get 4 players out with the same injury for the same amount of time. It´s simply unrealistic. In other saves I haven´t found this problem and that is a good thing. But we still have got to understand those people who get annoyed with the game because of the bugs in the game, which SI in turn really need to fix in future patches. Just because the bugs haven´t happened to you as a player quite yet, doesn´t mean that they are not in the game. The game is full of bugs.

Another bug is that whenever my computer "falls asleep" and shuts down its systems, then when I press tab and "restart" my computer the graphics are torn apart and you see nothing. This never happened with FM12 bear in mind.

Last year I was on the forums asking for the game to be made more of a challenge.

In that respect, I'm happy because it's now much harder to buy top players by the bucket load.

Tactics seem to be much harder to get a grip with and yes I agree, it seems simple is best.

Training is improved.

There seems to be much less money available to clubs.

I agree with the guy who mentioned regens, I remember whan quality regens had very weird and unbalanced stats so SI seemed to have fixed that.

My longest save is half way through season 3 with West Ham because I waited to start a long term save due to a certain bug which i cant mention (Might get another ban ;p). I have not even qualified for Europe yet which in recent years was easy.

I'm generally enjoying the game. It is definately more dificult and I can see myself playing this version past Xmas which is a rarity for an FM release.

But I do understand the frustrations of players who don't have the time to commit to a game of this magnitude. FMC seems to be the answer for that problem although it's not my cup of tea, I prefer the long haul.

Kazza, Having tried FMC, I find it is unsatisfactory and quite boring. The full game is what i bought :) FMC does not change how the match engine behaves anyway.

The main game is good though frustrating. As pointed out, the fact that it is very difficult to know why you beat the best team in the league but lost to the worst team is the major problem for me.

Ive never felt so disillusioned with a version of the game where even when I have won I have just felt bored.

I cant justify to myself investing any more time in this version of the game as it has no longer felt like a hobby but more of a chore.

Im not really interested in tactics

If you are winning and find it boring then surely that's got nothing to do with the difficulty. There's nothing wrong with getting bored of something after many years. I got fed up with FM around FM10 and left it for a few months, only to miss it and come back.

Not really interested in tactics? If this is true, then football manager is not the game for you. It is and always has been a fundamental part of the job, not just IRL but in the game since the beginning.

I've not played for a few days now. I found Fifa Manager for £20 yesterday so once that downloads i shall be playing that until the next patch which i am hoping will be better than this one. Never have i enjoyed Football Manager so little than in this patch. The way the match engine plays my tactics, i just don't understand it one bit. I win, i don't enjoy, i draw, i don't enjoy, i lose, i don't enjoy. I love the game but i dread having to play a match at the moment so i shall have a bit of time of Fifa Manager and then return to the king of Football Manager games which after the next patch i am really hoping will be back to it's amazing best :)

• 2 weeks later...
Has it always been so much fuss and complaints around each new FM-release? Been playing the game since CM01/02, but I've never really been aware of other users feedback until this year.

I think you must have been looking at a different forum then. Every time a new version comes out, there is a vocal minority who would have you believe that everything about the game is "broken" and that last year's version was perfect in every way and oh my god SI are so terrible and I'm never buying this game again and on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum.

It will never change, because people never change.

Persevere and don't panic manage. I tried a couple of saves to get used to the game and really struggled. Eventually I went for the long term save and had a hit and miss first season before winning the blue square premier in season 2 with my beloved Stockport County. I got very frustrated more than once but eventually the tactics and signings clicked. Don't be afraid to try different tactics and approaches

I don't know if it is of any help to write this, but I'll give it a go :)

I was struggling a lot to get into FM13 and in a way I still am, but it got better. I'm still yet to finish a season on this game...

My first and biggest issue was that all of a sudden I sucked at this game. Set up my first save as Newcastle, as always. Quit it after a horrendous pre-season. Next try with Gladbach on FMC. Same thing. Can't even remember my third try, but again, that led to nothing.

Now on my fourth try I hope that I'm getting there.

Took over Derby and now after 26 games I'm 7th in the league and playing above expectations and have some very promising youngsters on my team. I apparently and finally had a working pre-season and found a tactic which seems to suit the team well. Got lucky as well and had a consortium takeover that added 5m to my transfer kitty.

Still, it's not all good. There are too few shots and too many goals. Since the latest update there are around 4 goals per match in my games and I'm doing nothing adventurous. Wins and losses, great and crappy performances follow each other for no identifiable reason. It's good that the matches are quicker now - actually I'm using extended highlights now but they are still quicker and fewer than the key option in FM12. On the other side it keeps me from identifying anything helpful for the development of my tactic.

In essence, the matches have a lot of arcade feeling to me these days. And I don't like that.

Also, the valuations of players seems to be very high. € 3m for good CCC players which means you'd have to spend at least the double amount to get them... is that really how much is paid for them irl?

As a consequence I still feel no attachment to my team and as I write this I could still leave the save at any minute without ever looking back. Probably also the whole version.

This is supposed to be a fun game.. most people don't have time to tweak 200 things every single game and play 20 hours a day...

and this is 90% of people who want something easy and fun and fast...

Have you done a poll to get this figure of 90%?

And who says it's supposed to be a fun game? There is an element of this sure but there's a lot more to it than just that.

To those complaining that the game is too hard and only suited to tactical genius types I say this: Read the threads in the Tactics forum, but especially read the ones regarding Shouts.

I was really struggling with the new version, but since spending some time researching and playing around with combinations of shouts, it has all suddenly become clear and I can see, actually see my team playing differently and performing how I want them to.

Seriously, they are interesting threads written by knowledgable people. Give them a go, then give the game another go.

To those complaining that the game is too hard and only suited to tactical genius types I say this: Read the threads in the Tactics forum, but especially read the ones regarding Shouts.

I was really struggling with the new version, but since spending some time researching and playing around with combinations of shouts, it has all suddenly become clear and I can see, actually see my team playing differently and performing how I want them to.

Seriously, they are interesting threads written by knowledgable people. Give them a go, then give the game another go.

Top advice and worth a try. Seriously.

That said, it's fine and good to take a (long) break from anything isn't it?? People change, games change and if something you do for fun pees you off or frustrates you that badly then maybe it is time to find something else. This from a big fan of the game who won't touch the game for 3-4 months at a time regularly on pretty much every version.

I recommend anyone who thinks the game is too hard to check the updates on Dafuge's challenge. I struggled so much at the beginning. It took me 10 years to get out of the Blue Square North and another 10 years to get out of the Blue Square Premier. I finally got a team playing how I wanted them too. I got a formation I was happy with (4-4-2!) and after hours of searching free transfers got some quality players.

The game isn't meant to easy. Whats the point in winning everything after 6/7 years. The game would get very boring very quickly

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st
2034-25        L1         5th         5th

And who says it's supposed to be a fun game? There is an element of this sure but there's a lot more to it than just that.

Come on lets get it right here.

It is a game,regardless of how you play it it is a game.

Also it is supposed to be fun or what is the point in playing?

Why do you think no-one has ever invented a game called "son in law simulator" were the player is constantly lectured by the mother in law?

Games are supposed to be fun*!

*I am not saying this game is not fun but can certainly be better,just pointing out it is a game and thus has to be fun.

who has time to play 10 hours a day.. tell me that people want to be able to play a season within a couple of hours and BE FUN...

exactly how fm12 was I played a season really fast and was fun won and lost games

I bet you anything people prefer fm12 over fm13 by a MILE

Have you done a poll to get this figure of 90%?

who has time to play 10 hours a day.. tell me that people want to be able to play a season within a couple of hours and BE FUN...

exactly how fm12 was I played a season really fast and was fun won and lost games

I have many gripes with this version. I won easily on FM12, but I prefer this version by a mile. It has amazing potential and I think after the next ME update we'll all appreciate it more.

Why would you want to play a season in a couple of hours? I don't think I ever did that on any version of the game. I'm only on my third season now and I've been playing solidly for two weeks as I've been off work. It's fun to get engrained into the game and change every small detail and keep an eye on everything that is happening at the club.

I like that I have to monitor training and change it each week depending on how many games I have, my players conditions, who I'm playing next etc. I like that there's so much detail and things to do that a season could take me a few weeks, longer even.

As I understand it FMC is for those that want less detail and a quicker game, anyway.

Exactly I have better things to do... its just too bad thats all I am saying..

I have many gripes with this version. I won easily on FM12, but I prefer this version by a mile. It has amazing potential and I think after the next ME update we'll all appreciate it more.

Why would you want to play a season in a couple of hours? I don't think I ever did that on any version of the game. I'm only on my third season now and I've been playing solidly for two weeks as I've been off work. It's fun to get engrained into the game and change every small detail and keep an eye on everything that is happening at the club.

I like that I have to monitor training and change it each week depending on how many games I have, my players conditions, who I'm playing next etc. I like that there's so much detail and things to do that a season could take me a few weeks, longer even.

As I understand it FMC is for those that want less detail and a quicker game, anyway.

Come on lets get it right here.

It is a game,regardless of how you play it it is a game.

Also it is supposed to be fun or what is the point in playing?

Why do you think no-one has ever invented a game called "son in law simulator" were the player is constantly lectured by the mother in law?

Games are supposed to be fun*!

*I am not saying this game is not fun but can certainly be better,just pointing out it is a game and thus has to be fun.

I did say it needs an element of fun. I have the game for the simulation as much as the fun.

I certainly don't have 10 hours a day, I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 hours a week on it but this doesn't mean I don't get anything out of it. I've managed to complete just over one season so far and am loving it so far.

What's the point in racing through season after season? That is quite boring for me; I prefer to enjoy the journey, not the destination.

Please stop suggesting you speak for everyone, you are just one person with an opinion. Personally I prefer FM13 to FM12 but I'm not going to say most people agree because I don't have the proof either way, nobody does.

This is supposed to be a fun game.. most people don't have time to tweak 200 things every single game and play 20 hours a day...

I work long hours and only play around 2 hours of an evening if at all during the week. My tactics are simple and I don't bother with shouts at all in game. Also I set my training at the start of season 1 and haven't changed it since. To summarise I agree! I tweak very little. I did however simply try alternative tactics when my early attempts failed.

I work long hours and only play around 2 hours of an evening if at all during the week. My tactics are simple and I don't bother with shouts at all in game. Also I set my training at the start of season 1 and haven't changed it since. To summarise I agree! I tweak very little. I did however simply try alternative tactics when my early attempts failed.

People need to remember that this is meant to be a "sim" the options need to be there for an indepth style of play as it is meant to simulate a football manager, who funny enough doesn't just click buttons

Obviously its not real life and not as time consuming and success can be found without going to indepth in a number of cases, but in general you cant complain about this

There are alternatives, if your no good at racing games(or dont find them fun) you don't go buy forza or gran turismo (unless you like playing with loads of assists) you buy need for speed and ridge racer etc etc, so if you dont find it fun, dont play it and then complain you dont like it because its doing what its meant to do as a sim

The OP has found its not for him and rightly has no complaints that its a sim and is moving on with things rather than having a moan that is completely untought out

also as mentioned, they did include challenge mode and classic mode for those who dont wish to be so invloved

People need to remember that this is meant to be a "sim" the options need to be there for an indepth style of play as it is meant to simulate a football manager, who funny enough doesn't just click buttons

Obviously its not real life and not as time consuming and success can be found without going to indepth in a number of cases, but in general you cant complain about this

There are alternatives, if your no good at racing games(or dont find them fun) you don't go buy forza or gran turismo (unless you like playing with loads of assists) you buy need for speed and ridge racer etc etc, so if you dont find it fun, dont play it and then complain you dont like it because its doing what its meant to do as a sim

The OP has found its not for him and rightly has no complaints that its a sim and is moving on with things rather than having a moan that is completely untought out

also as mentioned, they did include challenge mode and classic mode for those who dont wish to be so invloved

well yeah cause we have so much choice... lets see? football manager? football manager? or football manager? great^^

Anyway I enjoy this version its just I dont have time to do all the tweaks in order to do really well (and FMC sucks cause there is no editor and only 3 leagues so pretty much the most useless addition) if it was a different match engine designed to make it easier + editor than it would be perfect!

So basically you are saying easy = fun, a challenge = not fun?

Give me a challenging game which is constantly asking you questions and making you think over an easy one where you just hit 'submit team' and win every game 6-0 any day of the week.

Exactly I have better things to do... its just too bad thats all I am saying..

That's what FMC and the staff responsibilities are for. So you don't have to do so much and can race through a season. Football Manager is only going to get more in-depth, with even more to control. They're going to add to it, not strip it back.

So basically you are saying easy = fun, a challenge = not fun?

Give me a challenging game which is constantly asking you questions and making you think over an easy one where you just hit 'submit team' and win every game 6-0 any day of the week.

SI are very silent on what works best and what doesn't and if they don't say it's left to supposition and opinion. Nobody wants to hit continue and win, but to give people the tools to learn as to understanding better the game would be better.

Sending people to a tactics forum to wade through hours of sometimes contradictory advice can only go so far surely.

It's a fine line, but at the end of the day if a game becomes more frustrating than fun then people stop playing. It's ok for Miles' bell and jazzles youtube vids but they're crap. They don't explain anything beyond glossing up minor new features in salesman talk.

I can't even imagine how hard the game has become for those picking it up for the first time. It's ok to say "just read the forums" but that's a very, very risky business plan to follow where we all suffer long-term.

I love the game, but every time understand why if it's too much hard work it's no longer a game. A fine balance and one I'd not like to call, but beware. :D Add new features sure, but background reasons/impact to game from SI is like drawing teeth sometimes.

I love the game, but every time understand why if it's too much hard work it's no longer a game. A fine balance and one I'd not like to call, but beware. :D Add new features sure, but background reasons/impact to game from SI is like drawing teeth sometimes.

I agree with all of this (Especially the vids), and also with what someone has just posted in another thread about how with regard to the ME FMC can be even harder, as you have less control.

I wonder if it could be a good idea to have someone like wwfan draw up a ranger of say 3 or 5 well-considered tactics that should be capable of working in a logical manner, and therefore effective in a realistic percentage of games. These tactics should be not included in the game initially, but players can follow in-game instructions to download them and import them.

The idea being that beginners can have some help with tactics, but the extra steps required to access the tactics might put off serious players tempted by a 'cheat' who would regret it later.

Of course there would still exist people who would cry foul after losing one single game with one of the these tactics. There also exists a risk of overlap with the other preset tactic system, but I am guessing these haven't been satisfactory for some people.

SI are very silent on what works best and what doesn't and if they don't say it's left to supposition and opinion. Nobody wants to hit continue and win, but to give people the tools to learn as to understanding better the game would be better.

Sending people to a tactics forum to wade through hours of sometimes contradictory advice can only go so far surely.

Why should they tell us what works and what doesn't? That would defeat the purpose of the game.

When I played Sonic all those years ago, I had to find my own way of defeating Dr Robotnik, I didn't expect Sega to give me a step-by-step walkthrough.

I've taken a break from FM13 in favour of FM12. FM12 to me is a much more enjoyable game, FM13 just makes me seem like I'm doing very little so its hard for me to care in a game. Its not even because its apparently harder, I was unbeaten after 27 games and couldn't care less.

I manually updated the FM12 database as much as I could and I'm loving it.

SI are nearing the end of there rain .

FM2013 Has been a real killer . never before have so many been so un-happy, but si will stick by there game , and it now is to the bitter end .

touch line shouts - no one wants them . and yet they have made them to be the only thing that matters in a game . get em wrong you lose .

many did like the fact they can download someone els tactic and away they went ... ok si wanst happy about that . and have killed it .

this was and is going to be there big downfall . iv been saying for years , that the moment where you cannot ues a tactic to work for most part was the moment folk will turn off ...

sure there are some that like all the shouts and stuff ... but that will not be enough of them to surport the game ..in sales ..

because the bigger sales comes from the light gammer , the man in the street ..

so football manager fan base is falling sharp ..

and this was why FMC was put in .... but fmc has failed .. because again touch line shouts and the in-pact off em . and in order to use the shouts to any good ...your need to watch pretty much the hole match each time ..

therefore killing the idea of fmc .. ie faster game .

FM 13 is harder. The match engine is flawed. Agree with both. I was read yot give up on FM altogether too until the next patch comes out. However with the tactial tips on here I have found it is possible to play. I have 2 tactics one to attack and one to contain. I switch between them Home or Away. I dont do shouts, OI's or teamtalks. Season 3 with Newcastle and with 4 games to go i'm still in the title hunt against a very powerful Man City team and i have no right to be there with the squad I have.

Plug and play tactics are not dead. I might not be winning every game 4-0 with awesome football. But i'm once again enjoying FM 13. Keep at it. When it all clicks into place it's worth it.

SI are nearing the end of there rain .

FM2013 Has been a real killer . never before have so many been so un-happy, but si will stick by there game , and it now is to the bitter end .

touch line shouts - no one wants them . and yet they have made them to be the only thing that matters in a game . get em wrong you lose .

many did like the fact they can download someone els tactic and away they went ... ok si wanst happy about that . and have killed it .

this was and is going to be there big downfall . iv been saying for years , that the moment where you cannot ues a tactic to work for most part was the moment folk will turn off ...

sure there are some that like all the shouts and stuff ... but that will not be enough of them to surport the game ..in sales ..

because the bigger sales comes from the light gammer , the man in the street ..

so football manager fan base is falling sharp ..

and this was why FMC was put in .... but fmc has failed .. because again touch line shouts and the in-pact off em . and in order to use the shouts to any good ...your need to watch pretty much the hole match each time ..

therefore killing the idea of fmc .. ie faster game .

But here's the thing - shouts allow you to generally use one tactic (provided it is sound) and then you tweak the shouts you use depending on the opposition and/or conditions

But here's the thing - shouts allow you to generally use one tactic (provided it is sound) and then you tweak the shouts you use depending on the opposition and/or conditions

that is fine if you wanna watch most to all the each match .. but it takes away from fmc a quicker game

that is fine if you wanna watch most to all the each match .. but it takes away from fmc a quicker game

I've used shouts pretty effectively whilst playing every minute of every match on commentary only and only making changes based on a combination of what the commentary says and the match statistics, for instance if I see a comment about my opponent attacking more combined with their shots on target increasing and I'm in the lead I'll switch things around to focus more on retaining possession and less on trying to score goals.

I've used shouts pretty effectively whilst playing every minute of every match on commentary only and only making changes based on a combination of what the commentary says and the match statistics, for instance if I see a comment about my opponent attacking more combined with their shots on target increasing and I'm in the lead I'll switch things around to focus more on retaining possession and less on trying to score goals.

for sure there will be a fan base for them .

I am not one of them . and i fill that not many others are .

why cant we have a tactic where i can sit back and enjoy my team playing to it . i dont wanna have to use touch line shouts or to studdy some stats in order to win matches ..

many will say that is just lazy .. but i do not come home from work , to sit down and relax .. not to work on playing a game ..which is ment to be fun

Why should they tell us what works and what doesn't? That would defeat the purpose of the game.

When I played Sonic all those years ago, I had to find my own way of defeating Dr Robotnik, I didn't expect Sega to give me a step-by-step walkthrough.

Fair enough, you've never made any sense to me Kenco, but it's not about telling us what works and what doesn't as some kind of win button. ;) Re-read what I wrote and get back to me.

Archived