How to exclude B-teams from cup

Amagerbrawler

Hi everyone

I've been fooling around with an old database adding a catalan nation and league in stead of Andorra. I've added the B-teams of the major clubs to play in the league structure.

By now the B-teams play in the cup as well. How can I exclude them? First season Barcelona played Barcelona B in the final. When they are in the cup they have a chance to qualify for Europe which I'd like to avoid.

Also, does anyone know if players are content to stay at a B-team (with good reputation) rather than moving to a different club? Would they be more likely to move if they were in a reserve team?

Thanks in advance.

Amagerbrawler

If all teams in your nation participate in the club, it's best to add them all manually with "Get Specific Team". Using the "Get First Team Only" has the risk that at a certain point in the future there are not enough first teams to be selected and you can get some funky results.

Example:

- you have 10 First Teams and 6 B-Teams in League 4, and you set Get First Team Only = 10

- next season one of the First Teams relegates to League 5 and a B-Team is promoted

- Cue really weird cup draws

Archived