Would this happen in real life?

So I have the chance to sign falcao for 33mil. Contract gets accepted and here come the big day!

Except no, he can't sign because he has a broken foot and doesnt pass his medical.

Falcao, broken foot or not is worth the risk surely!

I'm sure irl this wouldn't happen? Didn't united sign van nistelrooy with his gammy knee?

This is something that has bugged me on fm for many many years.

It would be a nice addition to be able to ask the board to let the transfer go through if you truly believe if it will be a success. If you have been at the club for a few years or the player is high profile then the board might be more likely to let it go through rather than if you have been at the club for just a few weeks or the player is not so well known. Nice simple addition to have if you ask me. It's not like clubs never sign players who have injuries in real life. Liverpool signed Carroll for 18mil who was injured and then cancelled the deal for Sylvan Marveux because he failed his medical and who then went on to sign for Newcastle later that day. That just proves that sometimes clubs will sign players who are injured and sometimes they wont

My guess is that without a medical, that player can't be insured (or at least the premiums would be through the roof)? So clubs at lower tiers might be able to sign that player (as contracts are generally shorter and wages are lower), but not top sides.

Depending on the injury, some clubs might just take shortcuts in the medical and take the financial hit in terms of insurance. For example, there's rumours that Torres's medical was rushed: http://en-prosa.tumblr.com/post/36326276870/today-i-gathered-some-facts-about-fernandos - so Chelsea effectively signed a crock for £50m (unfortunately, in Liverpool's euphoria, they blew it on Downing, Carroll, Henderson and Adam).

I dont think any club in their right mind would do this. RVN has been eplained. The only example I can think of is the transfer of Gazza from Spurs to Lazio where the idiot got over excited in the FA Cup final and ruptured knee ligaments in his final game before his transfer. Not sure of the financial implications but you can bet that the lawyers from Lazio had that cobvered just in case.

I disagree with Robert but perhaps suggest, if it was possible, a first option on buying the player when he had recovered, subject to your medical staffs review.

Personally I would be happy in that case as a broken leg and not playing may instead reduce his value so tat you can make a reduced offer at a later date...maybe?

It happened with Celtic as well with Jaroslaw Fojut. He was due to sign in the summer of this year after a deal was made back in January, but he done his knee in and the deal was cancelled.

Now I know that it isn't Falcao or a huge player like that but it still does happen.

Archived