16-year olds and Non-contracts

I'm unclear on what you mean by "Non-contract". Do you mean a "Pre-contract" agreement? Could you take a screenshot of the players contract's screen?

Non-Contracts are used by semi-pro clubs. Basically pay-as-you-play. No weekly wage, only appearance fees. But I assume it is considered a "professional" contract, and thus not one a youngster below the age of 17 could sign.

Ah .. seems to have been a pre-contract, as he is not joining until 6.6.2014. I just didn't notice that.

Seems kinda weird that he would not agree to a youth contract now, but instead settle for a N/C two years from now.

Ah .. seems to have been a pre-contract, as he is not joining until 6.6.2014. I just didn't notice that.

Seems kinda weird that he would not agree to a youth contract now, but instead settle for a N/C two years from now.

I've had a couple of players like that and I managed to change it to a youth contract during negotiation and most, if not all, of them accepted. S it's something to bear in mind if you see an U18 that looks good or has potential.

I've had a couple of players like that and I managed to change it to a youth contract during negotiation and most, if not all, of them accepted. S it's something to bear in mind if you see an U18 that looks good or has potential.

I tried getting him on a youth contract, but he would not budge an inch. In two years time with no football, I guess he will be useless. But he will be easy to get rid of, at least :)

I just tried to offer a few more contracts to youngsters (15 year olds), and it seems I can offer them any kind of contract with effect immediately.

Should I be able to?

Here is an example of a 15 year old accepting a full-time contract:

FM13_ProfessionalContractsForYoungsters.PNG

As you can see on the right, the Start Date is now. So it is not a pre-contract.

Archived