Buy football manager 2013

Many will say yes, many will say no (and the people who say no will say it a lot louder and a lot more often, making it very difficult to make a balanced decision). I'm in 2023 in my current save, which should give you an idea of how I rate the game.

I suggest trying the free demo and deciding for yourself.

Personally I've shelved the game for now.

I find there are more minor bugs than ever - even bugs that where fixed in 12.3 but has reappeared. No game breaking bugs, but enough to annoy me too much to make the game enjoyable.

On top of that comes a ME that do has potential - let's call it a "hot prospect" - but has several sub-optimal configurations. SI are working on that part, though.

All in all if I knew what I now know about the game I wouldn't buy it. Hopefully, though, a lot will be fixed come the end of the next transfer deadline.

Disclaimer: Some will call bugs flaws or features. To me a bug is a bug, though.

It is not worth buying at full price in its present state. Wait to see if the last patch will make people happy and as an added bonus you'll get it at a lower price.

I'm in my 5th season and I play very occasionally with some help from "Instant result", because I quickly get annoyed with what I see. I pre-ordered.

I'm quite enjoying being a club owner on Fifa Manager 13. Football Manager will always be my game but i'm not enjoying it at the moment and as Fifa Manager is terrible when it comes to the management side of the game i am loving just being a Club Owner and buying shares in other clubs :D Hopefully there will be an update on FM soon tho so i can get back to FM. Will be massively disappointed if the next update is as bad as this one was

I'd also advise reading this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/332584-A-Twelve-Step-Guide-towards-Playing-FM13-amp-Understanding-the-ME

before you play. It'll help you create a balanced tactic - FM13 punishes you more than any previous game for using unsound tactics. I've noticed a lot of people showing dislike for FM's new match engine are ignoring the above thread, not realising that your approach to tactics has to change in comparison to previous games. What worked in FM12 or previous games has no guarantee of working in FM13. If you approach tactics in the same way as previous games, you will not see good results.

And when you don't get good results, you're far more likely to dismiss the match engine as being rubbish, rather than improving your approach and seeing the good in the new engine.

That depends on how much you are enjoying your current FM version and how you value the changes made since.

I am still struggling a bit to get into it, but it has improvements in many areas over FM12 and I don't regret having bought it. Price per hour played is ridiculously low.

The people moaning on here about the game are a tiny tiny percentage of people who have bought the game.

The majority are happily playing the game, not stressing about and shouting their heads off about tiny minor details. Don't judge weather to buy the game based on a handful of negative comments.

As stated above, the price per hour of entertainment makes it the best £30 you will spend all year.

Archived