Any benefit to FM if I change my RAM from 1333mhz to 1600mhz?

Well changing the 2gb stick to a 4gb would be worthwhile and will definitely help.

Is it worth getting the 8gb in 1600 mhz or just stick with the 1333mhz - that means I only have to buy a 4gb stick instead of 8.

Just thinking about upgrading the laptop a bit and was going to upgrade from 6gb 1333mhz RAM to 8gb 16000mhz RAM - just wondering if there's any benefit for FM?

Why dont you ask the forum's resident techical expert- a user called Eugene Tyson...... oh wait...:D

What els i will say is .. Laptops are never really built for games. some will be ok .. but there price will be big .

I not much time for laptops , the only good part about them is that they are small .

but a £500 laptop v £ 500 pc . then the pc wins with loads in hand and will last a lot longer .

That is my view

Why dont you ask the forum's resident techical expert- a user called Eugene Tyson...... oh wait...:D

I expected that from a regular user of the forums - but a moderator... tut tut tut :p

===============

The 8gb 1600mhz was only €37 - not a huge amount really.

Hardly a waste of money either - it will make the laptop even more awesome with 2gb extra RAM at a faster speed.

Hopefully it will be better for the large data blocks *fingers crossed*

==============

I haven't upgraded any RAM in any computers in about 8 years lol.

Can't really go wrong with more and faster RAM - and it was cheap as chips.

There's barely a difference between DDR 800 and DDR 1600, let alone between 1333 and 1600.

http://www.tomshardware.de/Corsair-DDR3-Intel-Core-i7-LGA1156,testberichte-240441-6.html

Heading to the game's section, you'll notice a tiny bit of a benefit in Left 4 Dead, but that's about it. Most calculations in FM are more comparable to application software though.

If it's just about going from 1333 to 1600: No, not worth it. If upgrading a laptop running with but 2 gb 1333 and supplying it with a new kit of RAM, then yes.

Archived