Just wondering (about the injuries)

Do SI acknowledge the fact there's a bug concerning the high amount of injuries? If so, why is it taking so long for a fix to be released?

I've managed to just look past all the annoying little errors within the ME, so right now the only thing really, really bothering me, are the injuries. Im subbing at least one player each game due to a serious injury or them being exhausted due to a collision or whatever. I fear the most when my players join their national teams, because there's a guarantee i'll have at least one or two players coming back injured.

This is also messing with the development of my talented youngsters, because they are constantly out for a minimum of a couple of weeks, but sometimes even a few months. I am wondering when I can expect this to be fixed? Thanks!

I don't think they do, this is one of the things that fall on the,annoying, "it's your tactics" replies.

Main issue is that this issue is not consistent. One season you have 1 injury the whole year, another one you have 9 players out at the same time. All with the same tactics used.

In my opinion they need to tweak how often AI teams resort to hard tackling, one goal and they start giving their defenders "search and destroy" orders most of the time.

Thanks for the reply.

I am 4 seasons deep and have experienced this issue every single season thus far. I've noticed it's not just my team, but also the AI. Might this happen because ever since the last update, central defenders in general have become supermen? Just a long shot.

The problem is guys that not everyone is having this issue, therefore it's hard to categorise it as a "bug" just like that. I for one have not experienced this at all.

Given that, there must be something that you are doing that is causing the problem. I can't tell you what that is, but others on here might have more of an idea. My only guess would be are you training your players too hard, rushing them back after injuries, playing them when not match fit, etc?

The problem is guys that not everyone is having this issue, therefore it's hard to categorise it as a "bug" just like that. I for one have not experienced this at all.

Given that, there must be something that you are doing that is causing the problem. I can't tell you what that is, but others on here might have more of an idea. My only guess would be are you training your players too hard, rushing them back after injuries, playing them when not match fit, etc?

That's exactly the problem it seems. There is almost never a middle ground when it comes to injuries.

Half of the time you will have no injuries at all.

The other half you will have problem finding a full squad to play with...

The injuries snowball too hard right now as it seems.You can start with one injury and before you know it you end up having 6, even with medium workload and slow introduction back to the team. There needs to be some tweaking to have a middle ground on that.

• Administrators

We'd need examples to prove too many injuries but as people have said there are many different variables such as injury proneness for certain players, training them too hard, intensive tactics and simply bad luck.

Look in real life, Newcastle currently have 10 first team squad members out injured - sometimes teams just have injuries. As said if you think it's a bug please provide examples why. Thanks.

Well everybody just answers that is training and tactics. But how can you say this to me after i finished a season almost minus 4 games and i didn't experience this problem at all. an i was playing the 13.2 version. Players got injured at a normal pace.

It is clear and logical that after the patch was installed they must have changed something. And this something is causing this deluge of injuries. Ironically if i get someone on my shortlist it is kind of a curse nowadays as he seem to get injured in a very short time. it gets very frustrating with young talents because when he is out 2-4 months and he is on a good streak getting injured hinders his development.

an Apos is right it tends to be inconsistent you may experience 2 months of deluge with injuries and some periods with the normal amount. How can this be if i'm playing the same tactics, having the same training ? I mean everything is the same and you have periods when it seems the squad is an infirmary. I had periods in matches where i didn't make any substitutions (!!!) because one or two players kept getting injured. So i just waited for this to happen and to substitute. And it happened like clockwork, minimum one got injured every time.

Well everybody just answers that is training and tactics. But how can you say this to me after i finished a season almost minus 4 games and i didn't experience this problem at all. Players got injured at a normal pace.

It is clear and logical that after the patch was installed they must have changed something. And this something is causing this deluge of injuries. Ironically if i get someone on my shortlist it is kind of a curse nowadays as he seem to get injured in a very short time. it gets very frustrating with young talents because when he is out 2-4 months and he is on a good streak getting injured hinders his development.

But they didnt change anything in terms of injury balancing. The changes were to the match engine (as listed). Also not everyone is seeing this, which is why they ask those who are getting it to upload save games and PKMs etc.

I'm not saying that they did this knowingly but something happened for sure after the patch. I do not know what is wrong i'm not a developer or programmer but i am a long time player of FM and i can spot things like this. You cannot play an almost entire season and in the last 4 games period , the plague happens not only to you but AI also...

We'd need examples to prove too many injuries but as people have said there are many different variables such as injury proneness for certain players, training them too hard, intensive tactics and simply bad luck.

Look in real life, Newcastle currently have 10 first team squad members out injured - sometimes teams just have injuries. As said if you think it's a bug please provide examples why. Thanks.

Yeah, but here are dozens of players who say that injuries are a problem.

There are thousands who doesn't say that injuries is a problem by not posting about it... If it is indeed a problem you can easily check the injuries for all teams in your division, if you can prove that the number there behaves unrealistically then you have a good case.

There are thousands who doesn't say that injuries is a problem by not posting about it... If it is indeed a problem you can easily check the injuries for all teams in your division, if you can prove that the number there behaves unrealistically then you have a good case.

Let's not go into that kind of debate over how "thousands who don't post say otherwise", that's a pointless arguement that leads nowhere. Same way, there are also thousands who have this trouble and don't use the forums and thousands who feel satisfied and don't use the forums. This leads nowhere.

Thing is, it does happen. And it happens with high inconsistency so it's not a matter of tactics, nor training workload. Using the same tactics and training you can have a clean year, then the next one everyone is going bananas on your players' knee caps.

It snowballs out of control way too often as it is right now. Even while using a healthy rotation of players, one injury starts putting too much pressure on the replacement, then more get injured and it keeps going.

It's not whether it happens or not. Of course it happens, like Neil said, only a look at Newcastle proves that it can happen. The real question is the same when it comes to woodworks and those 0-1 loses after having dominated the entire match.

Most replies seem to believe that the problem is why does this happen at all, whereas the main frustration is why does this happen so often? Sure, some of the complains are "buhuhu,my squad is ruined and I'm losing matches", but there should be some emphasis on "some".

Like I said, woodworks, injuries and 1-0 loses after a domination. They can happen, point is, do they happen as rarely as they should be or are they a little too often?

Newcastle might be having an injury crisis right now, but when was the last time they had one? Because in FM it's quite likely that the player will have an injury crisis every 3d-5th season. Even more frequently if you are extremelly unlucky.

Barcelona lost 0-1 after dominating their match. Yes, big news, we know. But when was the last time that they lost like that?

It's a common misunderstanding between viewers here,even moderators, and I thought I'd clear things up.

I have no problems with injuries at all. Had about 5 all season and im in may.

This is why its hard to nail down. They didnt touch balancing. Some are experiencing chaos, and some arent at all. I checked each of my loaded league stats, and they dont seem to be above IRL rates. But equally people are seeing crazy things. People just need to keep uploading their saves and such, try and pin it down.

It snowballs out of control way too often as it is right now. Even while using a healthy rotation of players, one injury starts putting too much pressure on the replacement, then more get injured and it keeps going.

If what you are saying is correct and there is a snowball effect, you will tend to see teams with either no/few injuries or many/excessive injuries. These numbers can also easily be read out of the injury table, so there should not be very hard to back the claim up with facts

I find it an insult telling me im the cause for the injuries. I've played this game for long enough to know when players are not match fit. I've used different tactics, from pressing to laid back. I've also tried toning down the training regiment, with no avail. I will take screenshots from my games from now on (won't be playing until monday/tuesday though) and post these here and in the bugs forum to show I am not making this up or exaggerating. If there was nothing wrong with my game I wouldn't come in here to complain, I would be playing.

This is why its hard to nail down. They didnt touch balancing. Some are experiencing chaos, and some arent at all. I checked each of my loaded league stats, and they dont seem to be above IRL rates. But equally people are seeing crazy things. People just need to keep uploading their saves and such, try and pin it down.

there are many thousands of different game saves going on. As irl, there is a certain amount of probability. Look at arsenal, a couple of seasons ago they had horrific injuries and lots of.

Some people are complaining and a vast majority are not so it is either soething they are doing or just terrible luck, which as we know in real life happens with injuries.

I've played only 2 seasons but had horrendous injury problems. Recently I had 12 players on the injured list. However I found some reasons behind it.

1. My training schedule was rated as heavy. I have reduced this back to medium.

2. As soon as a player returned from injury and his condition was 95% I was playing them and they were getting injured again straight away. Now I view match fitness and make sure that the player is almost match fit before expecting them to play 90 mins. Therefore i am easing players back in.

I've now not seen any major injury crisis hit the club again.

I do agree that there are too many tackles in the game that reduce players condition and they don't seem to shake the tackle off and have the condition improve like in previous versions. I also think strikers do get injured in matches far to often but then its the same for the AI as for me.

One thing that really bugs me is I had a kid returns to full training 1 day before a reserve game after 3 months out and the reserve manager picks him to play and he's out for 3 months again. As I dont want to control the reserve or youth games the only way I can stop them picking returning players is to move them to the senior team until the condition is up then move them back down. This is time consuming and hard to keep control of and something I think needs to be looked at.

There are too many injuries in training, during matches, before the patch with the same tactics and training I had almost no injuries and after the patch, during every match I get 1 - 3 injuries.

SI know very well, where is the problem, they "fixed" the defence by WRONG WAY, defenders do high amount of tackles and it is causing lots of injuries during matches. They just play the same game like with the tax bug, they were saying for weeks there is no tax bug and then, BOOOM, suddenly they found it and was fixed in the last patch. Yeah, but again, we have here lots of fanboys, who have no problems at all, I remember how many people were screaming here during beta how the game, defending, crosses are perfect, so nothing really can surprise me.

There are too many injuries during in training, during matches, before the patch with the same tactics and training I had almost no injuries and after the patch, during every match I get 1 - 3 injuries.

SI know very well, where is the problem, they "fixed" the defence by WRONG WAY, defenders do high amount of tackles and it is causing lots of injuries during matches. They just play the same game like with the tax bug, they were saying for weeks there is no tax bug and then, BOOOM, suddenly they found it and was fixed in the last patch. Yeah, but again, we have here lots of fanboys, who have no problems at all, I remember how many people were screaming here during beta how the game, defending, crosses are perfect, so nothing really can surprise me.

There are too many tackles (nothing to do with "fixed" just an issue not yet sorted, as they said when the patch was released), and yet some people still arent having an injury issue. So clearly it might not be as clear cut as that. Though i think more tackles invites the opportunity.

They also never said there wasn't a tax bug...

No one said crossing was perfect either, in fact they issue was that crossing was too effective during the beta.

That's exactly the problem it seems. There is almost never a middle ground when it comes to injuries.

Half of the time you will have no injuries at all.

The other half you will have problem finding a full squad to play with...

The injuries snowball too hard right now as it seems.You can start with one injury and before you know it you end up having 6, even with medium workload and slow introduction back to the team. There needs to be some tweaking to have a middle ground on that.

No I didn't mean I didn't have any injuries, I mean that the number of injuries I have seems to be very realistic.

i think a lot of the issue is that people are just seeing a 95-100% condition and playing them regardless of trying to rotate, 100% condition doesnt mean they should play, especially towards the end of a season. people dont realise that the wear and tear over a season definately adds up. go into the training report and look at their condition according to the coaches. i also think people dont set training intensity week by week and so end up having a heavy intensity every week regardless of whether they have 1 game or 3 games. setting a low intensity week with multiple rest days here and there does wonders for squad fitness through the christmas period where you have a ton of games

i think a lot of the issue is that people are just seeing a 95-100% condition and playing them regardless of trying to rotate, 100% condition doesnt mean they should play, especially towards the end of a season. people dont realise that the wear and tear over a season definately adds up. go into the training report and look at their condition according to the coaches.

Are you talking about the "rst" tag that appear on player status when players need a rest, or something else?

Here are some overviews of my players and their injury history. Way too much if you ask me. I might be wrong, but I believe not all players are made out of glass. It's always possible you'll have one or two players who are weaker and prone to injuries, but not this many players right? And these are just the worst cases. Pretty much all my players pick up at least two or three injuries keeping them sidelined for a few weeks. When I compare this to Ajax IRL (this is the team im playing with) it does not make any sense what-so-ever.

Dennis Praet

praet.png

Adnan Januzaj

januzaj.png

Steven Defour

defour.png

Marc Frandsen

frandsen.png

Marc Muniesa

muniesa.png

Nicolai Boilesen

boilesen.png

If someone could please confirm whether or not these stats are realistic? Im no expert when it comes to injuries but like I've said before, it feels like way too many.

• Administrators

kevinsuave, how intensive are you training workloads for these players? Also in-game how much demand are you putting on your players? Are you playing a high-tempo high pressing game? These things can make a massive difference.

I don't know that there is a bug as such. I think I only have a couple of players out a the moment, sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's better. But that pretty much mirrors real life!

One thing I do avoid is signing players whose main weakness is injury prone. I've a great striker but he is injury prone and he certainly picks up more injuries than others. It's to the extent where I'm considering selling him and cashing in then getting someone less good but less injury prone.

The best ability is availability.

I have my training, for all players, set to medium or average. I rotate my squad pretty much each game because of the amount of injuries. Although the tempo is set to average I do make some of my players press forward at all times (2 midfielders). This can't be the reason for this many injuries though, can it?

i think a lot of the issue is that people are just seeing a 95-100% condition and playing them regardless of trying to rotate, 100% condition doesnt mean they should play, especially towards the end of a season. people dont realise that the wear and tear over a season definately adds up. go into the training report and look at their condition according to the coaches. i also think people dont set training intensity week by week and so end up having a heavy intensity every week regardless of whether they have 1 game or 3 games. setting a low intensity week with multiple rest days here and there does wonders for squad fitness through the christmas period where you have a ton of games

You know for some reason I've not even thought about reducing intensity when I have a midweek game. I'll try this in future.

well didnt alex ferguson say he usually works around the assumption at any point in time he may have 10% of his squad out injured, if not more.

I have 50% of my squad out injured, I cannot work around that.

I've worked out in that in the 40 games I've played in the BSS this season I have picked up 33 injuries during the games that have forced a player to be substituted. I'm too lazy to go trawling through real life stats on this sort of thing to know how realistic this is. I play a mid tempo game with a fair bit of pressing. Obviously players at this level are not as fit as players at Premier League level but 33 injuries seem like a lot to me in comparison to previous editions of the game. I have to say this is only one season and I'm only one player and maybe next season I'll have 20 or 40 or 7 or 104. Who knows. It seems to be mostly strikers getting injured. I have quite a large squad and have been getting by until recently, I have been second in the league most of the season but the goals have dried up and the wheels are coming off the promotion challenge. 6th now with two to play. Out of my hands.... :(

Are you talking about the "rst" tag that appear on player status when players need a rest, or something else?

if the rst tag comes up then you can count yourself lucky that they arent already injured.

go into their training screens etc and look at what the coaches reccommend in terms of their match fitness and physical condition.

sometimes i just ignore those screens though. i know if i have a player who has high natural fitness and stamina and show completely fine condition, but i have played them 6 times already in the last month, its probably a good idea to rest him anyway.

another way you can try to tell is looking at their form. if they have played a lot of games then their form can sometimes dip and they get complacent. drop them for a week and talk to them about their performance levels and you will find they hit form within the next few games more often than not, as well as refreshing them and reducing their chance of injury.

something i also try to do is a kind of "midseason break" for my top players. i do it around febuary just before i hit the heavy amounts of fixtures at the end of the season. i do this by resting them 2 or 3 at a time, for a 2 week period. its better to not have them for 2-3 games than them getting injured and missing them for the rest of the season.

Archived