Argentina Primera B Nacional Relegation

Hi guys, can anybody shed any light on the rules for relegation from the Argentinian Primera B Nacional? I took over a team who were second bottom mid season and guided them into 17th place out of 22 teams. When I look at the average points table I also finished 17th on that as well. However, it turns out that I've actually been relegated and therefore been sacked? Can anyone explain why we were relegated because I'm really confused!

Hi guys, can anybody shed any light on the rules for relegation from the Argentinian Primera B Nacional? I took over a team who were second bottom mid season and guided them into 17th place out of 22 teams. When I look at the average points table I also finished 17th on that as well. However, it turns out that I've actually been relegated and therefore been sacked? Can anyone explain why we were relegated because I'm really confused!
It's a three-year average. Weird, perhaps, but true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Primera_B_Nacional#Relegation

Ok, so even though I finished 17th out of 22 teams on the 3 year avarage points table I was relegated due to my affiliation?
You were relegated on points average. Affiliation only determines which league you will be relegated to (kind of how relegation from the Conference National works - if you are north of some magic line, you are usually relegated to the Conference North, otherwise you are usually relegated to the Conference South. In this case, it appears which league you go to depends on your affiliation).

but if my points average meant I finished 17th out of 22 in the points average table how come I got relegated? That's the thing that's confusing me?
The bottom two teams of this table face relegation regardless of their affiliation status. Apart from them, the bottom teams of each affiliation face promotion/relegation playoffs against Torneo Argentino A and Primera B Metropolitana's "Reducido" (reduced tournaments) champions. The Reducidos are played after those leagues' champions are known.

Did you lose a playoff?

Archived