Is there a "stat cap"?

Assuming that a player has enough PA to CA that there's room enough to improve by a large margin is it theoretically possible for any player to improve a stat from 1 to 20 or is there a random cap for differing players?

If there is no "hard cap" for any particular stat what is the most anyone has improved a stat by?

All attributes have a weighting tied to the players position which means for example a striker will find it more difficult to improve his finishing, off the ball, composure etc than marking, tackling etc due to the latter attributes not being weighted as heavily for his position. Footedness also takes a certain amount of ca, which if you have a two footed player means he might have less impressive looking attributes than a single footed player.

Taking all this into consideration I'd assume that if you had a very one footed striker with 1 for tackling you could probably get that close to 20 if you started him working on it young enough since it isn't highly weighted for a striker and he's not using much ca with his weak foot. The only reason I could think of doing that though would be if you intended to use him as a defensive forward.

Does that realistically make sense?

That a foward would find it easier to improve tackling to be comparable to a pro defender than improve his finishing?

I personally don't find it unrealistic. If a player has say 18 for finishing it should be harder to gain in that attribute as from my experience of learning an instrument, it's very easy when you start, to pick up the basics but as you get more into it, the harder more technical aspects of the skill require more practise and effort than just learning basic chords. This I feel should also be applied to the likes of a striker learning tackling, getting that attribute from 1 to say 9 or 10 should be easy as he's starting from having essentially no ability at all and should be able to increase initially without much effort.

Another aspect to it which helps with the realism aspect is that if you choose to increase non essential attributes, because of the weighting there's a very good chance the player could decline in essential attributes, so it would be extremely difficult to have a striker with 20 in all essential attributes for his role and maintain a level of 19-20 in all other non essential attributes, especially considering a players hidden attributes will also play a part in things like how much effort the player puts into training etc.

Does that realistically make sense?

That a foward would find it easier to improve tackling to be comparable to a pro defender than improve his finishing?

It's not really "easier," it's just that improving tackling would "cost" less CA. However, even if you have a forward focused on training defensive attributes, CA is more likely to be distributed to more heavily weighted attributes when new CA is gained. Even in the old training module, a striker on a defensive training schedule wouldn't develop like a defender. Their defensive attributes were more likely to improve, but there would still be a good chance of attributes being distributed to Finishing, Composure, etc.

Hmmm.. I see, makes sense. So has anyone actually managed to raise a stat of 1 or there abouts to be incredibly high? I always wondered how long i can keep someone on an individual training of a particular stat and have it keep going up. It seems to stall after a bit of a boost.

Archived