Who is rejecting my bids?

I've been trying to sell a player (29 year old Papiss Cisse) for a long time, and I'm after a particular fee because he's a good player who simply doesn't fit into the style I want to play.

I had a Director of Football, and had him on the case, although he wasn't doing the job for me, so I was offering the player out manually at regular intervals. Finally, I recieved an offer that I wanted, but the DoF rejected the offer. Needless to say, I sacked him on the spot.

A month later, I offered the player out again, and once again I received a bid I wanted to accept. With no DoF, it was the Assistant Manager who directed me towards the Transfer Centre - where I saw that the bid had already been rejected.

Livid, I checked the player's transfer status - "No info" checked in the instructions field, as were "Transfer Listed" and "Not Needed". I went to the staff responsibilities, where I am checked for every responsibility except "Finds and makes offers for young players for the future", "Finds a new club for youth team players you've listed for transfer/loan" and "Brings youth players into the club and informs you of their development". As Cisse is 29 years old, none of these should remotely apply.

So who has rejected the bid, and why didn't I get any sort of alert? I mean, even if he was the Chairman's favourite player, surely I would get some sort of news story about how the bid has been rejected for me?

Is this situation unique to me, or is this a recognised issue?

Okay, so after taking the time to simmer down, I have reloaded my game, and advanced it to the point it was before I quit in a fit of rage.

Except this time I saved it in order to run a test. I changed the transfer status to "Accept offers of 17.5m but reject lower bids" and offered him out again. In two days time, I got the alert from my Assistant Manager to go to the transfer centre, and saw that Barcelona's bid of 17.5m had been rejected before I had even had the chance to look at it!.

Can someone offer some advice please, because I've been trying to sell Cisse for two season's now, the window is about to open and I have the perfect signing in mind, but it relies on getting the Cisse transfer fee and his wages off the payroll.

Well, having posted in the bugs forum, and received a reply that has some bearing, I have brought the problem back here - it's less of a bug than an issue (I think):

Make sure to check Shortlists > Unwanted List, is he there?
Okay, so I have checked this and re-run the scenario.

He had been on the unwanted list, with a minimum accepted fee way above what I was now prepared to accept. So that is mystery solved, right?

Not really - this time three bids were made: one of 17.5m cash up front, and another of 17.5m over four years and one of 8.5m. However, despite the transfer status being reset to "No info", the two bigger offers were accepted with no input from me, but the lower one rejected. I had to go into the transfer centre and manually cancel the four-year bid.

So may be not a bug. But there's an option in there somewhere that is not working intuitively. After checking on the unwanted list, I had removed the minimum accepted fee and changed it to automatic. However, with no DoF, and me supposedly having full control of the transfers, is it correct that this arrangement of settings means bids are being accepted or rejected without my approval? And with no DoF, should I simply not use the unwanted list at all and do it all manually?

So there's something funny going on with some combination of unwanted list and transfer status options and staff responsibilities. I think...

Well, I reloaded again just to complete the experiment, and what you say seems to be correct:

This time, rather than changing the minimum accepted fee from 27m to automatic, I simply removed Cisse from the unwanted list altogether. Sure enough, when the bids came in (all three the same as the last step of the test) I was given total choice over all three bids.

So yes, it seems as if there is something (the unwanted list, I'm pretty sure) broken - even though I had no Dof, and even though I had no settings with regards to accepting or rejecting fees in the player's transfer status window, and even with no set minimum fee in the unwanted list options, "someone" is accepting or rejecting bids (and the previous experiment suggests that there is some discrimination in which bids are accepted or not). It is only when the player is totally removed from the unwanted list that the player gets control over which bids to accept or not.

So in the end, not a bug, maybe SI would argue not even an issue. But I agree that there is a contradiction there, which means it should be somewhere on the list of things to look at - even if it's not high on the list!

And NO - not going for another DoF! In the (almost) three years I had one, I found that I didn't like sharing the responsibility (read giving up control!), especially when I KNEW he wasn't getting better results than I could get myself...

Maybe I'm too anal in wanting control of my team; but I was never going to use a DoF when it was introduced.

Basically handing over part (and a big part to me) of your game to FM AI (which is not the sharpest tool in the shed in buying/selling), plus without being totally sure what actually makes a 'good' DoF or a 'not so good' one or what to look for with their visable atributes etc??......No chance. :)

Reading some posts here on the DoF sort of confirms why.

Maybe I'm too anal in wanting control of my team; but I was never going to use a DoF when it was introduced.

Basically handing over part (and a big part to me) of your game to FM AI (which is not the sharpest tool in the shed in buying/selling), plus without being totally sure what actually makes a 'good' DoF or a 'not so good' one or what to look for with their visable atributes etc??......No chance. :)

Reading some posts here on the DoF sort of confirms why.

Well, it was my first game with FM13, so I had to try it out - but you're right in that it is giving up a lot of control, and I've come to learn I LIKE control!!!

Having said that, it appears I sacked Paolo Futre for rejecting the bid when it may have been this "minimum accepted fee" option on the unwanted list - good thing the realism of FM13 hasn't evolved to the stage of unfair dismissal laws :D

If you want any say in a players sale make sure you delete him from the unwanted list. Even if you don't have a DoF, you chairman or other authority will handle the deal. Only use the unwanted list for players you simply can't sell or are not worried about the price.

I assume you added Cisse to the unwanted list at 'sell for value' or made a minimum price for sale. Even without the DoF these offers will still be rejected if they don't match.

It's a very useful tool to get rid of those players that are ageing or you simply don't care about.

I'm the same as you, I take control of everything, it's 'my club!'. Don't want anyone messing with my vision.

Archived