The few players you always sign

A few FMs back, I had go to youngsters I would sign... Obviously, they've grew up and became more expensive or just not amounted to anything.

These are the players I'm thinking of...

Sergio Asenjo

Davide Santon

N'koulou

Mamadou Sakho

Lucas Digne

Ignacio Camacho

Sergio Canales

Henri Saivet

Geo Wijnaldum

John Fleck

Yaya Sanogo / Khouma Babacar

--- Did anyone actually get to have this first 11 at any stage? I always tried but never got to that point

In FM13 i've thought differently and gone for stat per position rather than PA

So now it's

Stefan Strandberg

Wellington Nem

Adryan

Royston Drenthe

Juan Sanchez Mino

Rodrigo Battaglia

Who are your favourite signings then and now? (Let's try and keep them under 25 as of now)

I try and stray away from who everyone else signs...

As good a signing Wellington Nem is, I can't buy him anymore.. just feels cheap and cheaty to me.. same goes for :

Okore

Adryan

Ademilson

and the like...

I do like Dragovic, signed him a few times for CB...

also:

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Pohjanpalo (who goes against what I said above, but I feel vindicated by the fact I had a scout find him before I'd heard of him on here)

Kapino

Mattheus

Krejci

Majeed

As good a signing Wellington Nem is, I can't buy him anymore.. just feels cheap and cheaty to me.. same goes for :

Okore

Adryan

Ademilson

and the like...

also:

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Pohjanpalo (who goes against what I said above, but I feel vindicated by the fact I had a scout find him before I'd heard of him on here)

Kapino

Mattheus

Krejci

Majeed

Is Pohjanpalo some kind of FM13 legend then? Haven't been on the forum for a couple months so haven't kept up to date with things!

I found him on my save when i was Tromso and figured i'd found an unlikely gem, i guess not :D

I like the OP's original question. Personally I always sign Leigth Griffiths. In old FM's even if your coaches don't rate him he would score goals at every level.

This time the collision detection should reduce his mercurial abilities, but I always sign him on former glories anyway.

However, this thread is in grave danger of becoming a 'who are the wonderkids in the game' thread.

If I wanted other human players to do my scouting for me, I would just google 'FM 13 wonderkids'. I don't want that

Rolling back the years to games of the past one man I always signed if I was playing as a big club was Alan Shearer. I'm no Newcastle fan but I have to admit I was a bit of a Shearer fan. I had him at clubs such as Man United, Barcelona, Liverpool and Juventus on various saves. He would always score bags of goals and was available relatively cheaply because of his age. I also had a fascination with signing Paolo Di Canio for some reason, again picking him up at the age of 33/34 ish on the cheap and giving him one last shot at the big time. I guess I wanted to see these guys win the medals they could/should of won in their real careers had they made different choices.

Okore

Adryan

Ademilson

and the like...

also:

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Kapino

Mattheus

Krejci

Majeed

I feel the same actually. When I see people buy a player a lot I tend to keep away.

I have a policy of not signing players again in other saves though, I try to sign different players in each save. But it used to be Ochoa the Mexican goalkeeper in past FM's

Going back to CM4 I always made Freddy Adu, Fabio Paim and Fredy Guarin my first 3 signings. All of them turned out to be amongst the best players in the world, while in reality only Guarin even came close to being a top class player.

my god, fabio paim! completely forgot about him, he used to be one of my absolute favorites :eek:

Signed freddy adu regularly too back then, as well as jozy altidore

For me it has to be Danilo. And if i can afford him a well known young german keeper, who i wont name for fairness.

In older FM's Joah Mountino (think hes at porto now, was at sporting i cant spell his name right), Cherno Samba, Pavlychenko (pre spurs) just to name some. theres more just cant think off the top of my head.

Anders Kure (CB), and Soren Fredericksen (CF) are two Danish players who have been absolutely dynamite for me in this game, both relatively unknown too. Their performances have harked back to the CM 01/02 days when you signed a defender who'd never have below 7.0 rating, and a striker who'd score almost every week.

Scandinavia seems to be this edition's most fertile ground for great 'sleeper' players.

And I forgot about Altidore!

I'm so tempted to go back to CM4 for a while now that all of these players are coming back to me.

Others I still remember are Simon Vukcevic who was awesome on that game as well as Alexander Farnerud, could be signed for about £100k and was a world beater after a couple of seasons.

sounds like a solid plan to me. I'm going to look for that disk under mountains of dust and fire it up again. Might be able to snap up hazard for no fee whatsoever *evil laugh* way back when you could even get nani or cristiano ronaldo from sporting ^^

Ah I remember the days of CM03/04 where you could start a game as anyone, buy

Giampoaolo Pazzini,

Ricardo Montolivo

Alessio Cerci

Daniel Braathen

Éderson

Actually my memory has failed me, there used to be defenders worth buying as well, and another Norwegian attacking midfielder but I can't remember now. Anyway, buy them and you'd win everything as anyone... ish.

Haven't had FM13 long enough to develop a list of 'must haves'.

Romario, a young Brazilian rightback. Always cheap to get and worldclass potential. I have bought him so many times since FM10

Yes, I remember signing him with Man City in FM12, although I stopped playing 1 season later so he only got 2-3 apps for the team because he was still so young.

From way back it was definately young Kallstrom and young Ronaldhinio.

My fav signing for the last 3 FM's has been G Burdisso.

Ive always wanted to manage Christian Ericksen long term but never really had a save where I could get him early enough in the game.

FM 13, I like the look of Sean Murray, he's doing well in my West Ham save. So to is Destro who is a great goalscorer when he's not injured.

Ole Kristian Selnaes - Some insane stats for an 18 yr old

Stefan Johansen - Very solid all round midfielder, natural at DM or MC

Giannis Fetfatzidis - "Greek Messi"

Leon Brittain - Always seems to be been given away by Swansea, can sit @ DM and spray passes all over the shop, can tackle too and very reasonable wages

Rene Mihelic - Bit of a tradition this one, he's not what he was, but is natural in 3 positions (MC,AMC,AML) so is brilliantly versatile

Was it GALLOWAY or something like that on CM2/3/4 not sure which. The art was getting him without a big club release clause because they would always take him off me after one season for peanuts

Ole Kristian Selnaes - Some insane stats for an 18 yr old > Always like the look of him, except for a couple of things that stop me from signing him. He can't tackle and has poor positioning. I like my CMs deep-lying, with the ball back, create an attack. He would make a good AMC AP but he is a natural at CM and I don't like playing players out of their natural position

Stefan Johansen - Very solid all round midfielder, natural at DM or MC > He looks poor on my game

Giannis Fetfatzidis - "Greek Messi" > Impressive find, what is his form like?

Leon Brittain - Always seems to be been given away by Swansea, can sit @ DM and spray passes all over the shop, can tackle too and very reasonable wages > Have him at Swansea, very solid DM consistent but ageing

Rene Mihelic - Bit of a tradition this one, he's not what he was, but is natural in 3 positions (MC,AMC,AML) so is brilliantly versatile > Not bad, but I have 2 players for every position and I don't know what his strongest position would be.

Understand why these are your go to men though.

I find it odd and cool that aside from Wellington Nem, Strandberg, Okore and Adryan people seem to be going for different guys this FM

I always try and sign different players in each game I start. But if ever start as a bigger club, I always add Siem De Jong to my shortlist, dunno why, he's just epic in every game I play him in. I always find it funny that in every team thread in the good player forum the teams always end up with the same people after a few years. Its the only flaw with the CA/PA system IMO but cant really do anything about that.

I usually try to avoid signing the "usual suspects" and I usually succeed because I tend not to play in Top Leagues from the get go (I usually play my first long-time save as Rosenborg).

So by the time I make it to a reasonable level of reputation or to a bigger club, most of those "great signings" are either too old or too expensive.

A couple of FMs ago though, Dawid Janczyk was THE striker to have at a mid-low level club

I don't try to sign the same players on each save. I buy what I need and prefer regen youngsters to the one's that start in the game. The only player I have signed a lot in the last couple of years is Anderson because Man Utd never want him, he's cheap and happy to come to a Premier League team that is not in the top 6.

At the moment

Adryan

Wellington Nem

Ademilson

Adam Maher

Kovacic

Ginter

Okore

Chris Solly (Excellent defensive RB, mentals make up for his technique)

Previous FMs

Camacho

Gourcuff (that one where he went from average to world beater in about 6 months, without doing anything!)

Lukaku

Asenjo

Sakho

Moutinho

The other one from sporting who I forget

Shelvey before he went liverpool (CAFC fan so yeah)

M'Vila

Srna

Vrsajko

Romario

Archived