The few players you always sign

I try and stray away from who everyone else signs...

As good a signing Wellington Nem is, I can't buy him anymore.. just feels cheap and cheaty to me.. same goes for :

Okore

Adryan

Ademilson

and the like...

I'm going the same way as in purposelly trying to avoid now the same players (and staff as well), and you can swap that list for A.N.Other of whatever level on the football pyramid you start with I think, i.e.....In League 2 you will see the same players/staff each save you regularly want and can get so end up getting.

I've not tried the 'use real players' unticked on FM13 but previously it didn't really work because the same players were easily recognised albeit with a name and nationality change. The database was never really shuffled properly enough.

From now on, when starting a new save I'm thinking of holidaying forward say 5 or 10 seasons and then starting a career which is the best way I can think of that will get round the way I play (don't have the self-discipline always to ignore the same old possible signings :D ) yet give me more variety on who is out there. I'm not one who is fussed on realism as in the database needs to be exactly as it is irl at game start so a (long in to the future) holiday start save might work for me personally.

I always try and sign different players in each game I start. But if ever start as a bigger club, I always add Siem De Jong to my shortlist, dunno why, he's just epic in every game I play him in. I always find it funny that in every team thread in the good player forum the teams always end up with the same people after a few years. Its the only flaw with the CA/PA system IMO but cant really do anything about that.

Yeah I find that happen a lot, its why I keep away from players who everyone buys.

Plus I have my own rules per save which I try to stick to (I.E if I'm an Italian team, my plan is to have a team filled with 80% Italians, and 2-3 players who made it through the youth team)

audalio, eduardo neto, danilo avelar, renie, derley

i started mostly with ajax, they usually lacks some power in their midfield and defense, so i mostly bolster and patch things up with cheap and strong players that suited my tactical preference, but yeah that five guys over there were the good and cheap players i always sign, since i always loved the idea of getting players from one or two nations max to ensure that language barrier won't be a persistent problem in my team's further years

For me, it's always;

Either Henrik Zarp or Juanjo for inbetween the sticks.

For the back line; Johnny H. Nielsen, Robert Vida and Jacob Laursen. Are a few of the faves.

Domingo Nagore, Peter Wibran, Tommy Svindal Larsen and the relatively unknown Gustavo Poyet (top quality for cheap) for midfield.

And ALWAYS sign Ludwig Ernsten and Jari Pedersen to lead the line! Easily 60 goals between them a season.

Archived