[FM13] Starting Fresh

markyosullivan

PqnbU.png

Wakefield Sacked

FC Rosengård have announced that they have parted company with manager Dean Wakefield. Wakefield's departure comes in the wake of a recent run of bad results for Rosengård and the club felt that a change was necessary for the good of the team. The former Portimonense man had been manager at FC Rosengård since November 2016. Rosengård finished the season in 2nd position, 6 points behind winners Ljungby IF.

Rosengård were hoping to pull of a miracle to secure the title and nearly managed it coming from being 7 points behind the leaders, to just 3 going into the final game of the season. They surprised everyone by beating Ljungby 2-1 in the 3rd last game of the season, bringing the lead down to 4 points, then went on to record a draw in their next game while Ljungby got beat 2-0. There was no surprises when Ljungby won their last game of the season against the team in last position, IFK Hassleholm, beating them 8-2 despite going 2-0 down early in the match. Rosengård lost their final game of the season 1-0, but did have a goal disallowed in the 14th minute when it was 0-0.

The Rosengård board wishes to thank Dean Wakefield for his work during his time at Rosengård since taking over in November 2016 and wish him all the best for the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm absolutely gutted about getting sacked as manager. I had quite a decent squad and despite having injuries to 2 of my key players at the start of the season, I managed to do very well without them. We had 1 bad run of form which was towards the end of the season and what's even more annoying is that I had a goal disallowed against BK Olympic, our 4th last game of the season, which would have got us a 1-1 draw and an extra 2 points in the title race. I complained about this decision to the press and the FA was silent over my criticism.

I had a the chance to add to my squad when the transfer window opened in the 1st of August and was looking at a couple of players who I could have brought in, but wasn't sure if I'd use them had we been promoted. I guess that's my mistake, failing to sign these players who could have helped our challenge for the title.

We also had a couple of decent young defenders coming through, one who was playing in the First Team quite a bit another one nearly breaking through. Our First Team GK also received a call up to the Serbian U19 squad which was nice to see.

League

Fixtures

I did like this club which is probably why I'm so saddened about being sacked, they've got a nice club crest, nice kit, decent set up and the finances wasn't too bad either. The only thing I didn't like was the board, who didn't grant a single request of mine and imo were complete tossers.

Anyway, on to the future, I know my reputation has suffered as a result of this sacking but hoping I'll find a new club and have success with them.

It was always going to be a big risk with those expectations.
Sorry to see you lost your job. :(
Ah that's a real shame. Hope something interesting crops up soon.

I knew the job was a risk, but I felt I did do well and was closer than the previous manager to winning the title and closer to the title that the manager who succeeded me, who has been sacked after only 12 games in charge with 10 games remaining :D Rosengård are sitting in 3rd last position :D Waiting for a phone call from them tomorrow begging me to come back :D

But I still don't have a new job, nothing has interested me, apart from 1 job, which I wasn't able to get. Hopefully should find something soon.

Harsh, harsh sacking. I know the expectations were to win the title, but you weren't that far off. If you had been there longer and not delivered, fair enough, but not in the circustamce.

Anyway, best of luck finding a new role that interests you; and then having some success with it.

After 1 1/2 years being unemployed, I have decided to return to the managerial hotseat.

tUGSB.png?1

Surprised to see them offer such a big transfer budget. The wage they've offered me is awful but no doubt I'll be able to convince them to increase my wages when they offer me a new contract.

OnxY3.gif

RC Waregem Announce New Manager

RC Waregem have appointed Dean Wakefield as manager of the club. The former FC Rosengård manager has been given a contract until the end of the 2019/2020 season and has been brought in to try and keep the club in the division. Rumours started after Dean Wakefield had been seen at the RC Waregem's most recent match, where they won 3-0. This is Dean Wakefield's first club since being sacked as manager of FC Rosengård which happened back in the 28th September 2017.

"It feels great returning to football management. I had some time away from football, to reflect on what happened at FC Rosengård and now I'm back and ready more than ever. My first objective will be to keep the club in this division and then build from there."

"It'll be a great experience managing in Belgium and will expand my footballing knowledge. I don't speak any word of Dutch at this current time but will learn the language as quickly as I can. I didn't know 1 word of Portuguese or Swedish before my football management career started and now I'm fluent in both."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9itRH.png?1

Weirdly enough this club has basically no staff. The only staff they have is a GK coach. Will have to bring in my own staff, hopefully that won't take too long. I've been told to enjoy the experience of managing in this league this year, I'll look to avoid relegation and then try and strengthen the squad in the summer.

The club's currently in 16th place which is a relegation playoff place there's 18 teams in total in this division, with the bottom 2 automatically getting relegated.

JjBY6.png

After looking at the squad, this is who I believe is probably the best player at the club. The squad will need to be strengthen in the summer as we are weak in a number of areas. We also lack wingers and so have to operate a narrow formation for the remainder of the season.

o0d4y.png

OnxY3.gif

2018/2019 Review - RC Waregem - Belgian Third Division B

Belgian Third Division B

Was happy with the way the season went, came in with not too many games remaining with the goal of avoiding relegation and we did avoid relegation although we had to go through the relegation play offs which was a new experience for me.

League | Fixtures

Transfers

Didn't get the chance to make any signings this season, but I will definitely be making a few in the summer.

Key Players

Archiel Dewitte - Best player at the club, was involved in a number of our goals, surprised that he was on an amateur contract when I came in and signed him to a p/t deal straight away in case any bigger clubs tried to tempt him away from the club. He's only 20 so he's still got a good number of years ahead of him.

Mathias Debruyne - 17 year old defender wasn't playing for the first team, that was until I brought him in. Performed very well and was consistent. Hoping he'll develop into a quality CB.

Finances

The club is in a good financial position but it will continue to decrease while I'm in the third division, perhaps if I get the club into the league above we may start making a profit every month.

Transfer Budget: £117,836

Wage Budget: £2,142

Balance: £720,919

Summary

After the season was finished, the board decided to offer me a new contract with a £375 pay rise so now I'm on £475 p/w.

Fan's Player of the Year: Yacine Pereira

Belgian Third Division B: 16th (8-9-17)

OnxY3.gif

2019/2020 Preview - RC Waregem - Belgian Third Division B

So we've managed to stay in the division, some transfers have been made and imo the squad has been improved so I hope we won't have a second seasons trying to avoid relegation.

Boards Expectations:

Belgian Third Division B - Stay clear of relegation

Belgian Cup - 4th Round

Transfers

3 players coming in which has helped, we could do with a couple more midfielders either MC's or DM's. First team GK complained last season and said he wanted to leave luckily enough I had already arranged to sign a new better GK so agreed to let him go at the end of the season. (updated the transfers list to include Jeremy Smet)

IN: £0k

Guido Raes ( GK ) - Delighted to have signed this young GK who imo was better than my first choice GK last season. Will be my first choice GK this season and could see him being first choice for a number of seasons.

Jérémy Benoit ( D/WB® ) - Nice addition to the squad, better than my first choice RB from last season. Still quite young (21 years old) so could be here for a number of seasons.

Mambahou Binguila ( AM(L), ST ) - Apparently now the best striker at the club, will be starting most of our games this season. Good physical stats and another young player (21 years old)

Jeremy Smet ( DM ) - Recommended to me by my coaching staff, brilliant find by them, looks like a top player and is only 17 years old. Was playing for a Third Division A team but was for some reason was released. Will be my first choice DM.

Summary

Squad

The squad for the majority of the season ahead. Will be looking out for new center midfielders/ anchormen/ attacking midfielders throughout the season as we're quite short of players in these positions. We're operating a 4-1-2-1-2 formation so that's why we have a lack of wingers, may consider getting wingers and moving into a formation which uses wingers in the future but the current formation seems to be working well.

BTxnC.png

Finances

Still in the black and hopefully will stay that way for the next 3/4 seasons.

Transfer Budget: £132,537

Wage Budget: £2,116

Balance: £768,639

Summary

Archived